Chapter 2: The Forest

The moment the twins stepped into the underbrush, they were met by the serine sounds of chirping crickets, singing birds, and rustling of leaves. The air was definitely cooler out there than it was in the shack and, for a moment, the two stood still, admiring the sights, sounds, and smells of the forest.

Then, they decided to start their trek into the abyss of green and brown. They took it one step at a time. They were in no hurry, and there was no reason to be. No monsters had appeared yet, that was a good sign, and the smell of pine wafted all around, giving the forest more of a calming feeling, making them want to take their time.

The serine feeling was soon replaced with dread as the two heard a cry coming from the distance. It was definitely not an animal cry, nor just a trick of the ear, for it continued, it's source most-definitely a baby.

The two looked at each other before darting towards the noise, their legs aching as they sent them forward, pumping blood through their veins like electricity through a circuit. The cries became louder and louder the more they ran. Closer, closer, until it was only a mere few feet in front of them.

Dipper inched closer, quietly praying that it wasn't some monster luring him in through the power of imitation. His fingers curled around the leaves of a bush in front of him, quietly building up his courage until, suddenly, he pulled the leaves apart, looking through the gap he'd made.

He gasped, his eyes widening, beaconing his sister to come closer.

Before the twins sat a small toddler. He wore a brick-patterned, blue sweater, black, stretchy pants, and a mini top hat and bow tie.

Bill Cipher, the most dangerous creature in the journal was right there, in front of him. Sure, he'd encountered him before but never like this.

Bill Cipher was a golden, triangular dream demon who always wore a top hat, bow tie, and had a pyramid pattern with one, giant eye near his top tip. Sure, he wasn't triangular or golden now, but his fashion sense and physical features are hard to miss.

He had a couple run-ins with the twins before, even possessing Dipper once, but never once was he a toddler or outside of his realm, the Mindscape, a black and white version of their world.

He sat there, his back against a tree, holding his right arm. The arm was bent at an odd and unnatural angle. He wailed as tears streamed down his already bruised face from his abnormal, slit, blue eyes.

Dipper held back the urge to scream at his sister as she gently picked up the small child, startling it slightly and causing it to wail even more. She held him close to her, warming the blonde and calming him down a bit. Mabel looked up at her brother, a sad look crossing her face.

"No, Mabel." "But he needs our help!" "No!" "Dipper, he won't be able to survive out here, especially with his broken arm! We have to help him!" "Mabel-" "Do you want a toddler to die, alone and helpless out in the world?!" "Mabel," He thought for a bit. Leaving their enemy out here would surely kill him in a matter of days but, if they took him in, he might stab them in the back,
later. After a moment of thinking, the twelve-year old decided.

"Fine."