Chapter 7: Sadness

The twins had gotten the milk and all they needed was the piece of hair. Dipper took out a pair of scissors and cut off a strand of the boy's hair. Mabel watched, sadly as the boy did this, putting the ingredients in a bowl and mixing and mashing it with a whisk. Eventually, it formed into a golden liquid which smelled strangely like fruit.

While the male Pines twin went into the kitchen to get a cup and fill the liquid into it, his sister sat with the young blonde. She fought back tears as she sat there, staring at the cute, sweet, innocent face of their young friend.

He tilted his head as he looked at Mabel's sad eyes, curiously. He then spoke.

"Mabel, why awe you sad?" He asked, concerned for his female caretaker.

Apon hearing the child's voice, some tears slipped out of her eyes. She hugged the young boy, quickly and softly and sobbed quietly.

"It's okay, Billy. Mabel's just a bit sad is all," She uttered, tears still trickling down her face. "Don't cwy, Mabel."

Apon hearing his voice again, she hugged the toddler tighter, starting to cry audibly. The boy understood her actions and hugged her back, tears coming to his eyes as well. Soon, the blonde was no longer blonde but a baby blue, hugging the almost always happy Pines twin tightly. Even though he was young, it still hurt him to hear the wails of a strong person. A person that was close to him and always seemed to smile, no matter the circumstances.

"I don't wanna lose you, Billy!" She cried, shakily. "You won't, Mabel. I'm always thewe," he answered, his voice just as shaky as his elder's.

Mabel sniffled, holding him softly by the shoulders and pulling away from the hug.

"You are one of the smartest people I've ever met. Don't lose that," she said, forcing a smile through her tears. "Remember what we did for you, okay?" Bill nodded and did the same, hugging the girl once more before climbing back into his spot on the floor, wiping his tears away with his hands and slowly fading back to yellow.

Dipper came back into the room, holding a water bottle filled with the golden liquid. He looked at the two and slowly walked up to his sister, giving her the bottle.

"He has to drink all of it," he said quietly so as to not hurt his sister's feelings further.

She nodded and carried the boy to the porch, setting him down in front of the door. He watched, innocently as they gave him the bottle.

"You have to drink all of it, o-okay?" She said, tears coming to her eyes once more.

Bill nodded and grabbed the bottle. He looked once more at the twins before starting to drink the concoction.

"Goodbye, Billy. Remember us," Mabel said, a tear slipping out of her left eye and rolling down her cheek before shutting the door slowly and breaking down inside the dusty, old shack.