Chapter 5: Sleepless Nights

Dipper woke up for a start. He looked over at his sister who was tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable and Billy who, unlike the twins, slept soundly.

Since he had no bed, the blonde had been sleeping in Mabel's bed. The girl didn't mind at all and protected the young boy at night to make sure he didn't fall off the mattress, which he never did.

"Mabel," Dipper yawned, "it's morning." His sister opened her tired eyes and sighed. "Did you get a good sleep last night, bro?" "Nope." "Me niether."

Ever since Bill's...crisis started, nobody had been getting a good night's sleep. Soos, Wendy, and even Waddles were all having sleep problems, as shown by the bags under everybody's eyes. Even the common-folk weren't safe from the sleep deprivation.

Dipper sighed, sitting up. "Why haven't we been getting sleep lately, Mabel? I feel like it has something to do with Bill but..." Hearing his name, the toddler opened his well-rested eyes and looked at the brunette.

"Good morning, Billy." "Monin Dippah!" The blonde replied, smiling and getting out of bed. As his feet hit the ground, he fell and sprawled out on the floor, hitting his once broken arm on the carpet and becoming a shade of blue almost instantly.

Mabel was quick to react, picking him up and rocking him before he started crying. She gently massaged the recently healed arm and put him down when he was yellow and smiling again. Immediately when he was put down, he waddled over to Dipper's bed and looked up at him, smiling and making a cheerful noise.

The brunette got up out of bed and smiled back as he walked over to the dresser to get his day clothes on. Mabel did the same, taking turns changing in the bathroom. When their morning routine was finished, Dipper took out his trusty journal and flipped to the page entitled, Bill Cipher.

"Dream Demon. Most dangerous creature I've encountered so far. Do not summon at all costs. Wait, dream demon. Mabel, I think that, since Bill's been turned into a toddler, he doesn't know how to give dreams anymore! That's why we've been having sleepless nights!" The boy concluded, closing his journal with a thump. "But how are we gonna get him to remember? We know nothing about dream making!" The female twin asked. "Well, there's only one way to do that." Mabel gasped. "No! I don't want him to be turned into that meanie again!" She cried, realizing what her brother was hinting at. "It's the only way, Mabes."

The female twin sighed, hugging their little demon friend. "I guess you're right."

The three walked to the kitchen, gently holding Billy's hands as they slowly meandered down the stairs and ate breakfast before going outside. Dipper with his journal in hand, had found a mushroom in the journal that turned people into toddlers. The antidote was found with the black light and required the mushroom, some milk, a piece of the person's hair, and a multibear claw.

They were going to turn Bill back, if it was the last thing they'd do.