25. remember

"Can we, like, postpone the mission?" Tristan quietly questioned as he twirled a plastic spoon in a cup of pink coloured ice-cream during the month of November.  It was kind of just a thing in the house despite the weather (thanks to Bambi who never failed to constantly demand for some daily.) Tristan had already went through six scoops, and even though he was a shivering mess with chattering teeth, he honestly had no regrets. "I don't think I'm prepared for any of this."

"You think I haven't realised that?" Joe questioned the dark-haired boy shamelessly shoving a large spoon of raspberry ice-cream in his mouth. (Tristan kind of really liked raspberries.) "But don't feel discouraged. Face your fears and defy gravity and stuff."

Tristan blankly stared at the dessert in his cup quickly melting into a soupy mixture. "Um, what?"

"I'm not good at uplifting people," he explained. "Go to James for that. He's your guy."

A laugh escaped the twenty-one-year-old's mouth as he scooped up the pink liquid, carefully bringing the utensil to his lips. "James? Uplifting?" he scoffed at the irony, slurping the ice-cream into his mouth.

"He's not a bad person," Joe informed him.

"He's mean to my boyfriend, the sweetest person in the world; therefore, he's a bad person," Tristan simply corrected earning a defeated sigh from Joe. The dark-haired boy tipped his head back, downing the rest of his ice-cream before extending an arm across the counter for the ice-cream container. "But anyway, hopefully we make out in one piece, yeah? But we all know you're going to make it out okay. You're barely doing anything."

"I do a lot," he disagreed. "This group wouldn't even exist if it weren't for me."

"You're right, but that doesn't mean -"

The two men jumped at a sudden shout from the direction of Connor's bedroom. They instantly made their way towards the hallway, Tristan quickly returning to the countertop to grab his cup before catching up with Joe in the doorway. The twenty-one-year-old didn't know what to think at the sight he was met with. Brad's two fingers were pinching Connor's nostrils closed as he pressed his mouth to the younger boy's, puffing air into him whilst the nineteen-year-old squirmed underneath him with wide eyes.

"What is happening?" Tristan slowly questioned, scooping more of the pink frozen dessert into his plastic utensil.

"He is dying!" Bambi quickly explained before pressing his mouth to Connor's again. Tristan eyed his best mate who looked perfectly fine besides his boyfriend molesting him on his own bed. The nineteen-year-old let out a loud scream as Brad suddenly stopped the mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and placed two hands over the younger boy's heart, pushing them into his chest.

"SOMEONE GET HIM OFF ME, PLEASE!" Connor loudly pleaded.

"I'm eating so..." Tristan shoved another spoonful of ice-cream into his mouth for demonstration.

Joe let out a long sigh. "Too much happens here for me not to get paid," he stated under his breath. "Nineteen-Seventeen, I think you may or may not be killing him."

Brad paused and pulled his hands away from the younger boy's chest. "The inside of his nose exploded, Joe! He was about to die!"

"I sneezed," Connor explained in a scratchy voice, slithering from underneath the curly-haired boy. "And if the inside of my nose exploded, how would CPR help me? What did they teach you in that lab?"