29. everybody wants to love

"We are going to your flat?" The curly-haired boy peeled his eyes away from the window and questioningly eyed his boyfriend behind the steering wheel.

The twenty-one-year-old swore under his breath at the question. Their destination was rather obvious with all of the familiar surroundings, but Tristan was hoping he wouldn't connect the dots. "It was supposed to be a surprise," Tristan whined.

"I am surprised," he reassured him. "But I do not understand, Tris. I thought that you did not feel safe in your flat."

"I don't. But I'm not sure we're going to have to worry about that stalker anymore..."

"Did you find out what he or she knew about you?" Brad excitedly questioned before his enthusiasm was quickly drained and replaced by fear. He dropped his voice to a whisper. "Did you kill your stalker, Tris?"

"No -"

"Oh no, did Connor do it? Why would Connor do something like that? He is such a sweet person. I bet he just wanted to protect you, but that does not give him the right to kill someone -"

"Bambi -"

"- It is still bad to kill someone no matter what they did. People are still people, and even though you were being stalked that does not mean that they do not deserve to live." He sniffed. "Did you at least find out their gender or their age or anything about them? Did they have children? Oh no, what if they had children, Tris? What will they -"

"BAMBI!" The twenty-year-old instantly shushed, furrowing his brows at his boyfriend. He actually looked upset, like he knew the stalker. Well, he did, but Brad didn't know that yet, or ever have to know that. "My stalker is still alive and well, love."

"Oh! That's great! I almost had a heart attack, Tristan! Do not scare me like that again!" He hit the blue-eyed man's shoulder in an attempt to be playful, but he might as well have just broke his arm.

Tristan smiled through the pain burning in his shoulder. "Thanks, that didn't hurt at all."

"It wasn't supposed to, silly." He chuckled at the older man before pressing his face to the glass window. The raining had died down a little, and only light raindrops descended from the sky. Even though it still gave Bambi a bad feeling, Tristan had changed his perspective of the weather. "Look, Tris, there's the book shop. I was almost hit by an aircraft there."

"Car," Tristan slowly corrected. His eyes widened. "Wait - what? When were you almost hit by a car?"

"You left me alone that day to go to class, but you forgot your drive thing. So I tried bringing it to you. I did not know where your class was, though."

A smile tugged on Tristan's lips. "You tried to bring me my flash drive?"

"Yes." He shrugged, smiling along with him. "I gave it to Connor, though. I do not know what he did with it."

"Have I ever told you how glad I am to have you, Bambi?"

"Probably. But you don't have to tell me that, Tris," he told him as the vehicle slowed and carefully pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex. "When you look at me, I can tell, or whenever we kiss, I feel it."

Tristan chuckled at the little giggle that escaped the younger man's lips as he deliberately parked the car in his usual parking space. He was surprised to see the space still empty. He hadn't stayed in his apartment for a while. Here and there he'd visit it, like there'd be something waiting for him, but of course there wasn't. His flat wasn't exactly a safe place, though. The first time he visited it, he could tell that someone had been snooping around in it just by the way everything looked. Everything was how Tristan left it, really, and the twenty-one-year-old knew there was a possibility he could've just been simply paranoid with all the government shit in his life lately, but just something made him feel like someone had took a casual stroll inside his property. Which was expected. He was pretty much wanted at the moment, along with his boyfriend and his... teammates. Tristan was still not exactly sure what he was supposed to call Connor, Joe, and James. They weren't exactly friends, except Connor, but it wasn't that they weren't friends, either.