Chapter 24

- Alexis Reed -

The sunshine boring against my face.

I snapped my eyes open, wincing.

"Oh god, I still want to sleep." I grunted, but decided I couldn't sleep anymore once I've woken up from my deep slumber.

I did my morning routine and heard my stomach grumble.

I went downstairs in the kitchen greeting Cathy a "Good morning".

She's fixing breakfast and so I took my mug and boiled some coffee in the coffee pot.

I sat on one of the seats in the dining table and Cathy followed.

"How's your sleep?" Cathy asked, spreading orange marmalade on her toast.

"It's good, I guess." I smiled, taking a sip of my mug of black coffee.

I searched for Eve but she's nowhere to be found.

"Where's Eve?" I asked.

"On a date with Danny. It's been a while she's been out with him." Cathy chuckled.

"That's... nice." I snickered knowing how much Eve wants to have a date with Danny however didn't get the chance to.

"So any plans for today?" Cathy asked, taking a bite of her toast.

"I... I don't think I have plans for today." I shrugged.

"Oh? Well then, we can stay at home or hang out later if you want?" Cathy giggled. "I've always wanted a new manicure."

I chuckled and simply nodded my head in response.

Somehow, I'm liking Cathy.

She became the mother I once had.

"Speaking of which! There's a delivery for you!" Cathy says, snapping her fingers and leaving the dining room.

Delivery?

But I didn't order anything.

The next thing I know, Cathy came back inside the kitchen holding a bouquet of pastel-colored tulips.

"It's for you. I don't know who sent them though. Maybe there's a card." Cathy smiled, giving the bouquet to me.

"Thanks." I replied, taking it from her.

I searched for the card and flipped it open. There's no name though.

To: Alexis

You're beautiful. :-)

Meet me at Central Academy, 5pm.

I'll be waiting.

Truly yours, ❤

My heart skipped a beat. I like mysteries like this.

Plus, I love the flowers.

"Cathy, looks like I have plans today." I smiled faintly, putting away the flowers.

"That's a shame. We'll hang out next time then. Have fun." Cathy smiled back.

I don't know why my heart is hammering on my chest.

Somehow, this kind of mystery-- I feel like it's going to be Darren.

We haven't talked lately but.. I feel like he's going to tell me another story of my past.

I happily skipped to my room and raged my closet.

Oh, what to wear? :/

* Eve Cadillac *