Chapter 30

= Alexis =

I was finally able to come back to school after being discharged yesterday.

Events from yesterday flashed back in images making me smile sheepishly.

I am now Darren's official girlfriend.

I couldn't be happier.

He accompanied me when I went home yesterday and gave me a porch-side kiss on the cheek before bidding me goodbye.

I was hoping for - you know, one with lip locking and all but I was really satisfied with just one kiss on the cheek.

I couldn't even sleep last night.

As I reached for my yellow cardigan, I checked my phone.

= 1 new message =

From: Darren ❤

Message: Good morning beautiful. ;)

*Sighs*

Isn't he the sweetest? :")

I can't even stop myself from squealing like a little girl.

I typed my reply and sent it as quickly as possible, then getting my nude shade lipstick and coloring my lips with it.

To: Darren ❤

Message: Good morning to you too, handsome. ;)

I shoved my phone in my pocket and sprinted down the stairs ready to go to school.

Then my phone rang instantly, making me take my phone out of my pocket again.

From: Darren ❤

Message: You don't know how much I've waited for this day to come. ;) To finally tell the world, you are mine. I love you, girlfriend.

With that, I did a happy dance.

My cheeks were flushing furiously as I tried to think of a sweet reply or a better comeback.

"You seem happy." Eve chuckled, as I went in the dining hall where she's smearing butter over her last piece of toast.

"Happy's not even the appropriate word to describe what I'm feeling right now." I sighed back, sitting beside her and getting a piece of toast from the bread basket sitting on the table.

"Radiant then?" Eve's mom chuckled from the other side of kitchen as she fixes us each a glass of juice.

"More like it." I chirped.

"I'm glad my best friend's finally smiling- for real. And no, your smile today is different than when you were dating Carson." Eve chimed in, hugging me tight.

Of course Eve knows everything. Once I got home last night, I told her absolutely everything.

She was squealing the whole time too. I mean - at first, she was scared that things wouldn't work out since she and Danny saw our petty fight inside the hospital room before they left.

"Guess this is a happy ending then?" She winked.

"I hope so. I mean- I haven't been hearing from Carson all this while. Maybe... maybe he moved on." I shrugged, as I munched on my toast. "Maybe he accepted the fact that even if you try to lie, or try to decieve someone, the truth will prevail. And of course, fate. I mean, even if you try to change something- fate will still prevail in the end."

"Wow, that's deep. I'm so happy for you though." Eve smiled.

"Thanks." I chuckled back.

When we finished breakfast, I realized I haven't replied to Darren's message yet.