Part 35: Ashton

(Author's Note: So I decided to do this at the beginning so I know most of you had no choice but to read it! I'm really happy about how this chapter turned out, it felt really good to finally write for ASM! I am really excited about what's to come! But also sad because ASM is coming to an end in a few chapters and it will be hard to say goodbye to writing with MASH! I really adore writing for them but I can't wait to share with you guys these other stories I have with the guys.

I hope all of you enjoy this chapter! It is pretty long compared to some of the last updates I have given all of you. We also get a glimpse at the future couples ;)!

Also, apologies that there won't be any playlist for this chapter! I didn't really listen to any music while I wrote. I was so inspired all of a sudden that all I did was grab my lappy top and sit down to write! Anyways, without further adeu! Here is the new update! Enjoy and remember to vote and comment and fangirl! :D Are you shipping Heather and Michael yet? OMG get excited for City Lights! I love you guys and thank you for your support even when I am terrible at updating on time! Or frequently! <3)

Ashton and Michael walked into the hotel room; out of the corner of his eye, Ash, saw how Luke jumped in the sofa. He straightened himself up and angled the laptop away from their eyes. That was probably the first face time chance he had had in weeks with Theresa and they had just interrupted it.

"Were we interrupting sexy time with your girlfriend?" Mike said with a smirk and a cheeky wink as he moved towards the fridge in the bedroom to get bottled water.

"No! Of course not!" Luke said but his cheeks were flustered as both Ashton and Michael began to laugh at him. As usual, Luke said nothing towards the constant teasing the rest of the guys did on him.

"Ignore Michael, you know he's messing with the two of you," Ashton said as he stood behind Luke and waved at the blonde girl in the screen. Her cheeks were also tainted a soft red, he noticed. "Hey, April. It's been a while."

"Hey Ash!" She said excitedly, waving back. She always tried to be as happy as she could whenever Luke was around. Always trying to show him none of this bothered her as much as everyone thought it did. She was a definite keeper, and he was happy his best friend had found her.

"Obviously it has been, you guys have been gone for months... I can't wait to see you all at the airport on Saturday." She added, pushing her lose curls over her ear.

"But me more than them, right?" Luke said with a playful grin as he tried to cover Ashton's face. "Cause if I remember correctly you like me and not my band mates, right?"

"Right babe." Her laughter echoed out of the speakers as Ashton walked away from the couple, giving them their needed privacy. He knew how hard it was not be able to be with whom you love. He had been through it with Mia for months, and maybe even had it worse because he wasn't talking to her in any sense of the word.

He could hear Michael's footsteps following behind him as they both made their way towards the room where Ash's suitcase laid. It was still completely untouched by the wall. Not that he had spent much time in this room to begin with...

The most he had spent there was when he brought Bee over, and that had not ended right for him. If anything it had created an uncomfortable air between him and Mia. He would work on trying to fix that first when they talked that day. He definitely did not want any misunderstandings between them.

"So what happened last night?" Michael asked, interrupting Ashton's thoughts as he lay down on the bed, balancing the bottled water in the palm of his hand.

"What do you mean?" Ashton asked, crouching in front of his suitcase and looking for a clean shirt. He really needed to work on his packing skills. It was a mess in there and he didn't even know what was clean and what wasn't.