Part 26: Mia

Playlist: The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez, Love Dearest by Marianas Trench, Heartbreak girl by 5 seconds of summer, So Soon by Marianas Trench, Stutter by Marianas Trench, You are in Love by Taylor Swift, Wonderland by Taylor Swift, Out of the Woods by Taylor Swift, Spaces by One Direction, Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra, Words by Skylar Grey.

In books they describe moments in which the world around you completely stops, your breath catches and only one thing seems like is in screaming color. I always believed that was an exaggeration, a thing authors made up to make the readers crave for much more than a normal encounter with the opposite sex.

But you see the universe had a funny way of proving me wrong time and time again. Right now I was living that moment…

I had heard the crash, I heard my own voice saying his name the moment I caught a glimpse of him but everything around me seemed to have stopped… I couldn’t hear anything else other than the crazy hammering of my heart against my chest.

He didn’t move, he didn’t say anything but his eyes never moved away from mine holding my stare the way I longed for months he held me…

But just as quickly as the moment came, it left. His body slumped and he turned around taking hurried steps towards the exit. I felt my breath leave me as the world around me came back to life, as my shoulders slumped against the cushioned seats.

The rest of the dinner was awkward, my eyes never looking up from my plate of food. Neither Heather nor Will say a word. We finished eating and drove back to the dorms, no sight of the boys or Ashton as all of this happened.

“Thank you for dinner Will, have a good night.” Heather said as she slipped out of the car, walking towards the entrance in an attempt to escape from the cool night air.

“Are you okay?” Will asked as he reached out to take my hand in his before I was able to reach for the door handle. That same breathless feeling I had felt back at the restaurant coming back as my eyesight blurred. My eyes still completely focused on our joined hands, my shaking one and his holding mine tight.

“I don’t know…” I whispered, my voice shaking.

“He’s the one isn’t it? The one who broke your heart and made you build those walls around you?” Will asked; the words making me feel sick as he spoke them. I couldn’t even answer him so I simply nodded my head as a reply, the lump in my throat growing.

“I know you don’t see me as more than a friend Mia… But we’re not all the same. If he has hurt you so bad that you still feel broken he’s not worth it… He didn’t even utter a word back there and simply ran off…” He continued speaking as the tear finally escaped.

“I’ll see you in class on Monday, okay?” I murmured hurriedly as I opened the door and took my hand out from his. I wasn’t ready to have a breakdown in Will’s car. “Thank you for dinner…” I said before slamming the door behind me.

“Mia… Mia wait!” He called out, I heard his door open and close. I heard his footsteps but they didn’t follow me up the stairs as I ran towards my room.

Heather was sitting down outside the door, staring at her hands. She didn’t look up at me. I sat down next to her, angrily wiping at my tears.

“I called my dad… Told him I needed a place to stay… I already called a cab…” She whispered softly.

“Why didn’t you tell me? You knew… You knew and didn’t tell me…” I said, my voice breaking at the end.

“I thought it was better, I didn’t know we would bump into them Mia. I swear!” She began to explain but I just stood up.

“I thought you were my friend…” I murmured before opening and slamming my bedroom door. I was glad to find an empty room because as I slid down the door, arms around my knees I could not stop the tears that began to fall. Hot and fast just like that night when I had left his bedroom…

(Author's Note: So I felt bad about the cliffhanger yesterday so I decided to write this small little update on what happened at the restaurant from Mia's pov. It wasn't a chapter I planned to write which is why it is extremely short! I promise I am working on some more updates. :) Love you guys and thank you for reading!!!)