Part 38: Mia

"Come on in," I said to Will as I opened the door and walked back to the kitchen where the kettle was whistling. I turned off the stove and poured the water into two mugs that already had the tea bags inside of them. As I looked up, I noticed Will standing against the wall studying me.

"What?" I said pushing his mug towards the other side of the table as I raised my knees onto my chest so I could rest my mug on them.

"Are you seriously going to let him go again? I love you and all Mia, but I don't think I can handle you mopping around for months again," he said as he sat down.

"I never moped around, " I murmured under my breath, bringing the cup up to my lips. My lips pursed so I could blow into the warm liquid, watching the ripples that formed over the surface. I could not stand looking at him right now. I knew he would be judging me.

"Okay miss thing, so what are you going to do? Keep ignoring him as if none of this ever happened?" Will asked her softly. He watched as I shrugged my shoulders and lowered my head. I could feel tears forming in my eyes as I thought about it. Ashton was leaving again, and as much as I hated to admit it, I felt as if my heart was being ripped into a million pieces once again.

I never even forgiven him...

"I didn't mean to upset you," Will whispered. I hadn't noticed that he had moved his chair right beside my own. His hand softly taking mine.

"Of course I don't want to let him go. This really hurts and I wish he had never come back into my life because I obviously don't belong in his life. I don't think I ever did," I said, Will's fingers gliding along my cheek to wipe a stray tear that escaped my eyes.

"I think you'll regret it if you don't talk to him before he goes," Will said.

"He actually invited me to dinner tonight," I said.

"Did you agree to it?" Will asked.

"I called you instead. I really don't know what to do!" I sighed softly, resting my head on Will's shoulder. My eyes closed tight together.

"What does your heart tell you to do?" Will asked, I could sense the pain in his voice. This wasn't easy for him. Trying to be my best friend when obviously he had feelings for me. Shouldn't he be advising me against being with Ashton?

"I want to say yes, I love him... I at least want to say goodbye..." I whispered as I pulled away from Will and looked into his eyes. The pain was in his eyes as well, but he tried his best to smile as he handed me my phone.

"Make this one count," Will told me as he took the away from my hands and walked away from me. I hesitated a moment as I opened a new text and typed Ashton's name onto it. Will was probably right. I would never get a chance like this again. If I pushed him away this time, it might be it for us. I at least wanted to say goodbye like I didn't get a chance to do last time.

Will had agreed to stay with me until Ashton showed up, but slipped out the second he showed up at the door. I had heard him say that he was just leaving as Ashton came inside the room.

I studied his reflection from the mirror as I fixed my braid. That green hoodie made his eyes pop much more than usual, and I swear that my heart forgot how to beat for a moment. It took her a moment to realize that the quizzical look in those green orbs of his was directed towards her.

"Weren't we going out?" He asked. I watched him a little longer as he looked around my small dorm room before I decided to answer him.

"Not at all, Mr. Irwin," I said failing at not sounding nervous. Get a grip Mia... Not like you haven't been alone with him before. I scolded myself mentally.