Part 25: Mia/Ashton

(Hey guys! First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR! Also, guess what? It’s one of those crazy two point of view chapters!!! Hope you guys enjoy! Lol)

Playlist: Thinking of you by Katy Perry, Love Dearest by Marianas Trench, Acadia by Marianas Trench, Why by Secondhand Serenade, Up by Olly Murs feat. Demi Lovato, Haven’t Had Enough by Marianas Trench, Where do Broken Hearts Go by One Direction, Remember When by Avril Lavigne.

(MIA)

Most days we would just drive around listening to music, sharing candy we bought in our daylight adventures and discovering each other. It was those days the ones I thought about constantly.

I would never know I was doing it.

It never happened consciously.

I would be at the library pretending or trying to study but my mind would wander to the memories of those warm summer days. My mind would remember the taste of cherry licorice on his lips or his energizing laugh whenever he didn't catch the m&m I had tossed at him.

During a morning run a song would start playing and instantly I would be back in my old car, his expectant eyes looking at me as he waited for my opinion on a certain song.

What I hated the most was when my thoughts took me back to hot beach days, my body resting against his while I held a book on my lap. The silence could drag on forever between us but he would never complain about it. He'd just hold me and read whatever I was reading over my shoulder. He would ask questions if he had to, but knew better than to interrupt me much more than he would.

Those memories were the ones that didn't make it all add up. When had he done it? Why had he led me on? I thought I had learned to know him better...

"Earth to Mia!" Heather said as she climbed beside me in the bed, my thoughts being pulled away from that place I had locked up deep in my thoughts.

I could feel the tears stinging at my eyes and I knew that Heather had seen them too because she squeezed my fingers with her own.

That day two months ago after their concert in Seattle, Heather had found me sitting in the hood of her car crying my eyes out. On the drive back home, I had told her everything that had happened between me and Ashton.

Every small detail of our summer, the good and the bad.

She had sat there and listened to everything I hadn't told her then. She dried my tears and stayed with me. Even all the way across the country she had been with me as I got over him. It was easier now days but still after that night neither of us had talked about it again.

“I’m so glad you’re here.” I said with a small smile as I curled up against her side, my head on her shoulder.

“You two are too cute.” My roommate Lilly said as she walked through the door and saw us sitting on my bed together. “Just because I said this sleepover was okay, doesn’t mean I want a cuteness overload.” She added with a grin as she moved towards her side of the room.

I had met Lilly on moving day, oblivious that she would be my roommate. Instantly I realized that she was a lot like Heather, especially in the fact that they both spoke their mind without really thinking too much about it.

“Heather, this is Lilly my roommate.” I said, getting the introduction over with.

“Nice to meet you.” Heather said, her eyes quickly moving back to me.

“Same, so roomy… You’re still going out right?” She asked as I nodded my reply. “Great. Is it okay if a few people come over for movies? You’ll probably be out all night anyways.”