Epilogue

"Hey Mia!" A girl, Samantha, in my dorm said as I attempted to balance my laptop between my chest and wall as I unlocked my dorm room.

"Hey!" I said, feeling the laptop slipping. Why wouldn't this darn door open?

"Woah there! Let me help you," Samantha said as she took a hold of my laptop. "I was actually on my way here to see you. I really need those ethics notes. I missed a class because I got food poisoning and I felt completely lost yesterday."

"No problem," I said as the door unlocked and I pushed it open, allowing her to walk in front of me. "Let me get those for you," I added as she handed me back my laptop and tossed it on my bed before heading to my desk to get the notes for the Journalism Ethics course.

I watched as Samantha inspected the wall next to my desk. It was filled with polaroid's I had collected over the last year. Pictures with my high school friends, the summer I spent in LA and then new additions of people here in New York.

"Is this your boyfriend?" She pointed at a picture Ashton had sent me of him with a kangaroo. I had actually received that package last night and I loved getting to see what he was up to back in Australia. It had already been five months since the time he had spent here in New York. Time really flew by.

"Yes, he is," I said with a huge smile as I handed her my notes and admired the picture with her. He really was enjoying his time off, but I missed him terribly. Even if I had been able to travel to Australia to see him over Christmas, two months apart was really affecting me. Especially when course load was picking up and our calls and video chats were becoming shorter. Not to mention the horrible fact of time zones.

"I had heard rumors around the doors but I wasn't sure if I could believe them," she said with a chuckle as she continued to study the pictures.

"You are not the first one to tell me that," I said laughing as I sat down on the edge of my bed and dug for my phone inside of my bag.

"Is it hard being with a celebrity?" She asked, sounding unsure once she finished her question.

"I don't really see him like a celebrity. Ever since I met him, he made it very easy to separate the two. Plus, he is such a dork that at times you end up forgetting all together," I said with a chuckle.

"That sounds so cute! Have you two been together long?" She asked.

"Five months, but I've known him longer," I responded. I looked down to scroll through my phone notifications and found a text message from Ashton.

Hey cutie! Call me when you can. xx

I couldn't help but smile as I read it and wrote a quick reply.

"That's him, isn't it? Your entire aura changed the minute you looked at your phone," she said, sounding way too excited about my relationship, which only made me blush deeper as I nodded.

"It is hard to get on a schedule when he is over twelve hours ahead," I said with a nervous chuckle.

"Say no more, I will give these back to you in class," she assured me as she stuffed the notes into her bag and gave me a wave. "See you tomorrow, Mia!"

"See you tomorrow, Samantha!" I called back as she closed the door behind her and I lay down on my bed; my finger already pressing on his name so I could call him.

"Hello, gorgeous," Ashton said. He had barely allowed the phone to ring a second time when he had already answered my call.

"Well, were you waiting around staring at your phone for my call?" I said teasingly as I rolled over and lay on my stomach.

"I just happen to have been reading your text message when your call came through. Not a crime," he said laughing.

"Sure, sure. I will believe you this time, Irwin," I teased. "How are you doing though? We've barely spoken in the last two days."

"I've been doing good. Calum and me went to visit Luke and April. She seems to be doing much better," Ashton said. In the background I could hear a lot of noise before a door opened and closed.

"I'm glad to hear that. Where are you at now?" I asked.

"Just out. Why do you ask?" He said.

"It was a bit loud there for a moment," I told him and I could hear him nervously chuckle on the other line. I could tell he was up to something. "What are you up to, Irwin?"

"You can never trust me, can you?" He said, but a moment later I heard a knock on the door.

"If that is you, I swear-"

"Just open the door brown eyes," he said before he hung up. I had never gotten out of the bed fast enough. The moment I opened the door, I wrapped my arms around him and jumped into his embrace.

"I can never surprise you without you ruining everything," he teased as he pressed a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"I just know you too well, you give yourself away," I told him, lifting up my head so my lips touched his.

"You should pretend you don't," he said with a chuckle.

"Nah, this is too much fun," I said with a grin, taking his hand and attempting to lead him inside, but he wouldn't move.

"Nope, I'm taking you out babe. I know you've had a long day and probably haven't had a thing to eat, so now is my time to spoil you," he said as he pulled me out of the apartment.

"Wait! My keys! And my phone," I screamed as I let go and ran into the dorm. I could hear him laughing behind me.

"So, where do you want to eat?" he asked as he leaned against the doorframe and watched me.

"Hmmm, how about some pizza?" I said with a grin as I returned to him and laced my fingers through his.

"It was almost like you read my mind," he murmured as he leaned in for yet another peck on the lips. And just like that, we were off to another adventure. Together.