Chapter One

Chapter One

Kirstie's P.O.V

I collapsed on my couch. Boy, was I tired! I mean normaly, I love shopping and I guess I did have fun, but really, Melanie dragged me EVERYWHERE! From one end of the shopping mall to the other, and then all the way back again. Phew! I suppose it was because Mitch wasn't with us. He had been going to come, but changed his plans at the last minute...

*Flashback*

I grabbed my bag off the table and checked myself in the mirror again. I was just about to open the door when the phone rang. I sighed impatiently as I picked it up and put it against my ear.
"Kirstie Maldonado speaking."
"Hi Kirstie, it's Mitch."
I reajusted the phone.
"Hey Mitch, what's up?" There was a noise that sounded remarkably like sniffing, but not like a cold.
"I'm really sorry but I don't quite feel up to shopping today."
I frowned. Mitch was the one that had organised this thing!
"What's wrong? You got a cold or something?"
" Yeah, I'm really sorry."
"Do you want me to pick up some medicine for you?"
"No! No, no it's fine. I just need to rest for a bit."
"Well, okay. Got to go now, I'll call you when I get back!" I hung up and raced out of the house.

*End of Flashback*

That reminds me, I have to call Mitch. I snatched up the phone on the way to my bedroom. I dialed Mitch's number and lay down on my bed as I waited for him to pick up. Instead, however it went straight to answer phone! "Hey, Mitch Grassi here, sorry but I'm not home right now. If you leave a message I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Ciao!" Odd, I thought. He knew I was gonna call him and if he's sick, then surely he wouldn't have gone anywhere. Something gave me the feeling that he was lying about being sick. I stretched out on my bed. Wow, I was so freaking tired...

I woke up to a clap of thunder. I shot up in bed, confused for a second as to how I had fallen asleep. Just then the phone rang from the floor. I bent down, picked it up and placed it against my ear. "Kirstie Maldonado speaking."
"Kirstie, it's Avi." I smiled. "Hey! How are you?"
"I'm good. Listen, can you come over ASAP?"
"Sure, care to tell me why?"
"I'm sorry Kirstie, but you'll find out when you get here. The others are coming too."
"Alright, I'll be there in ten."
"Okay. See you soon." There was a click as he hung up. I went and put the phone back in it's place, then grabbed my rain jacket and headed out, wondering what on earth Avi could want.

Avi's P.O.V

I paced axiously in the corridor. Scott and Kevin had alredy arrived but they didn't seem to know what to do either so I was really hoping that Kirstie or Mitch could help. Not that Mitch actually confirmed that he was coming. He didn't answer so I left a message, thinking he had probably gone down to the shops or something. The doorbell rang and I opened the door so fast that I almost tore it off of it's hinges. Kirstie stood there, dripping from the storm. Without so much as a 'Hi' I grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the living room where Kevin and Scott were sitting. They looked up as we came in.
"Hey Kirst." Scott greeted her with a small smile. She pulled her hand out of my grasp and gave me a 'look'.
"Alright, I'm here. Now what is it that is so important that you can't tell me over the phone?" Her tone indicated that there was no getting out of answering. I took a deep breath and pointed and the couch opposite the one Scott and Kevin were sitting on. She gasped. There lay a girl with her curly dark brown, shoulder leangth hair falling across her olive skinned, heart shaped face and she was wearing one of my t-shirts as a night gown. She looked about 18 or maybe 19. She was sleeping soundly and her breathing was even.
"Who is she?" Kirstie seemed shocked.
I sighed. "I have no idea."
Kirstie looked at me strangely.
"Well, how did she get here?" I sighed again and then said, "Sit down. It's a bit of a long story..."