Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Grace's P.O.V

It's been three days since Mitch and I almost kissed. Three days of subtly not really talking to each other. Three days of awkwardness. Three whole days of being completely and utterly confused.
I am absolutely certain that Mitch Grassi tried to kiss me.
Mitch Grassi.
A homosexual male.
Who recently broke up with his boyfriend.
Tried to kiss me.
Grace Heathers.
A straight female.
Who is running from her crazy fiance.

I'm so confused.

Tonight Esther decided to take us to a party. Seeing as Kirstie and I didn't have any nice clothes with us, Esther let us borrow hers. Kirstie wore a black mini-skirt and a ruffled red shirt. I wore a light green long sleeved shirt and blue skinny jeans. The boys all borrowed some of Avi's clothes that he keeps at his sisters place for when he stays over. Esther helped them with pinning and folding so that the clothes fit properly. In the end, we all ended up looking decent at least. Then we all piled into Esther and Avi's cars and we were on our way.
When we got to the party, I must admit I was feeling a little bit nervous. Everyone seemed to know everyone else except me. As soon as we entered the room, everybody I was with was called away by someone who recognized them and I was left standing there awkwardly.
I stood there for about five minutes before Kevin came up to me with two drinks in his hands. He offered me one and, after being assured it wasn't alcoholic, I took it gratefully.
"When was the last time you went to a party?" I looked at Kevin, not really expecting the question.
"Um, I'm not sure. Probably about half a year ago? I can't quite remember. How about you?"
He chuckled.
"The last time we were on tour. We have some pretty crazy parties then."
Of course by now I had been told all about Pentatonix and the awesome journey they went on to reach the point they were at now. I had even sung with them a bit. My favourite song to sing is definitely Run To You. It makes me feel peaceful, like nothing can hurt me. The first time they sang it to me, I cried and we ended up in one of our frequent group hugs. That's another thing I like about these guys, they are always available for a hug.

Anyway, Kevin and I talked for a bit, mostly about stuff like the importance of cupcakes and music and what music would taste like if it was a food (this was never really worked out). Then someone called out,
"Yo Kev! These guys don't believe that you're a human drum! Come prove them wrong man!"
"One sec!." He told them and then beckoned Avi over.
"Look after our little fruit, will you?" Avi nodded and Kevin went to prove that he's actually an alien. Avi pulled me into a hug. I tilted my head back to look at him. A frown appeared on his usually smiling face.
"What's wrong, little fruit?" Avi, Scott and Kevin have taken to calling me 'little fruit' whenever they can. I don't mind, it makes me feel even more comfortable around them.
I rested my head against his chest.
"I'm not sure. I just feel like something bad is about to happen. It's probably nothing but..." 
Avi held me out at arms length and looked me in the eye.
"You sure that's all? Not worrying about Michael or anything like that?" I shook my head. He smiled and patted my arm. Then he stepped back and offered me his hand.
"May I have this dance?"
I giggled and faked a curtsy.
"Of course, kind sir. Although I should probably warn you, my dancing skills are terrible."
He laughed and lead me onto the dance floor.
We danced for a bit and it was clear that his dancing skills were way better than mine.
After a while a slow song came on and Avi checked his watch. Grinning slightly he told me to close my eyes. Trusting him, I did. I felt his warm hand slip into mine.
"Just follow me. And don't talk." 
As we walked I could hear the noises of the party fading away. Soon I heard the sound of a door opening and the air turned cold so I was guessing we were outside. We took about three steps before Avi said,
"Step down."
I followed his instructions, knowing that if I didn't I would probably trip.
I could feel and hear gravel under my feet. I wondered where we were going.
We continued to walk, with Avi guiding, making sure I turned when I should and stuff like that.
Eventually I couldn't help myself.
"Where are we going?" I blurted out in a rush.
Avi shushed me gently saying,
"We're almost there."
I sighed, slightly frustrated, but just then I heard a voice coming from nearby.
"No, I won't be quiet! Not until you tell me what's going on and why I have to have my eyes covered!"
I recognized the voice immediately.
Mitch.
I was about to call out to him when suddenly Avi guided me round a corner, told me to open my eyes.
I blinked in the sudden light and after my eyes had adjusted I could see Mitch doing the same. Standing just behind him was Kirstie.
Turning around, I glared at the green eyed man behind me.
"So what's all this about then?"
Luckily for Avi, Kirstie stepped in.
"Don't blame him, Grace. It was mostly my idea."
I whipped around to face the pretty brunette. One eyebrow raised, I asked,
"Well, what is it?"
She winced slightly at my tone but held her ground.
"Just calm down. Don't think we haven't noticed the fact that you and Mitch obviously had something go on between you that day in the woods. So now you two are going to stay here in this garden and sort it out. Avi and I are going to wait just outside the only two entrances so don't think you can just walk away without doing anything."
Then she and Avi turned and walked back the way they had come, leaving me alone with someone I had been trying to avoid for the past few days.