Uno

First part!

Sorry about vanishing; my phone broke. I have a new one now and will be back the way I was prior to the broken phone mess.

And I also apologize for the long wait on this chapter. I had some pretty bad writer's block. Stupid everything.

I missed all of you and can't wait for your guys' feedback on the story.

Anyhoodles,

Let's get this party started!

- Nico_Solace

P.S. I worked my ass off to get this just right and I still kinda hate it. Hope you guys like it, though!! Feedback is very appreciated!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=Jason=

"Nico! Get your lazy ass out of bed!" I screech at my best friend, pulling his covers off after opening the curtains on his floor-to-ceiling windows. "The King and Princess of Caray going to be here in two hours."

"Andare via, stronzo. Lasciami dormire." Nico groans, voice thick with sleep.

"No, get up. You have to be presentable for your fiancée. And watch your language."

He shoves his face into the pillow once more with an animalistic growl before sitting up. His eyes stay tightly closed, but a scowl makes its way onto his face.

"I'm up." He says miserably.

"Good. Piper will be in here in half an hour to do your hair and hide those horrid bags under your eyes. Your breakfast is on the table by the door, as always." I wrinkle my nose in mock disgust. "Get up and take a shower; I can smell you from here."

He gives me a sarcastic, forced laugh and flips me off. "Stronzo."

"Yeah, yeah. Hurry it up." I walk out of the room without another glance at the bone-thin boy.

---

=Nico=

After a hot shower, I get dressed in the ridiculous suit they have laid out for me.

Piper comes knocking moments later.

"Niccolo?" Piper questions, slowly pushing the door open.

"In here, Piper." I call from my stupidly huge bathroom.

She appears at the door a moment later. I had been staring critically to my long, ratty hair, trying to figure out what to do with it.

"Nico, I'm you're stylist for a reason. Come over here and let me do my job."

"Fine, fine. I was just trying to see if I could get it to lay properly before you had to deal with it."

Stepping across the room, I sit in the chair in front of my gigantic, unnecessary vanity and wait for Piper to make me presentable.

---

"Nico! Finally." My Mother greets me with a kiss.

"Hello, Mom. Sorry it took me so long; I had to have my hair done."

"No worries, no worries." She smiles, inspecting me critically. Nodding with approval, she continues speaking. "Your Father was afraid you wouldn't show at all. He feared you would have gone back to bed after Jason woke you."

One of my Mother's maidservants, Isabelle, comes up then. "Highnesses, King Hades is requesting your presence in the throne room."

"Oh, Isabelle, how many times do I have to tell you, call me Maria!" My Mother chastises playfully.

Linking her arm in mine, Mother and I make our way to my Father in the throne room.

The room is packed full of people bustling about. They are adding final touches to everything in the castle, making sure it's in its top condition for our visitors.

My Father is on the other side of the room, lounging on the elaborate chair known as his throne; my sisters are on their thrones. My Mother and I make our way over to them.

Maria takes her seat on her husband's left, Bianca's right, and takes Hades' hand with a warm smile. I remain standing in front of him, knowing he wants to lecture me.

"Nico," he starts. "As you know, your fiancée and her Father are coming for an extended visit. They will be here for three months before her Father decides if he would like to keep our agree going. You must be on your best behavior during this time. You may not know her, but this could be a very beneficial union for our kingdoms."

"Father, I'm fully aware of everything I must do. And I would also like to say that our kingdoms have been marrying for generations. The eldest princess is to marry the eldest prince and all that. What I don't understand is why they have to come here. They haven't done that in decades."

"Something about her being the only daughter and a most prized possession." My Father waves his hand absently. "Regardless of why, I want you to vow you will be on your best behavior."

"I will be."

"Good. Now sit. I was just told they are at the gates."

With a discreet roll of my eyes, I sit on my Father's right, next to my youngest sister, Hazel.

She greets me with an excited smile and a squeeze to my hand.

I squeeze back just as a Herald comes in to announce the arrival of my future wife.

---

=Unknown Princess=

Looking up at the castle, I know immediately I'm going to hate it here.

"Dad, is this necessary? Can't I marry the Prince of Galatia or something?" I turn to my Dad, who is staring out the window of our car, looking mildly impressed.

"You can't. I'm sorry, my dear. Our kingdoms have an ancient pact. At least see if you like it here first." He shrugs.

"But I know I'm going to hate it. And I haven't even met this guy before! How am I supposed to marry him if I know nothing about him?"

"Just... Try, sweetheart. For your dear old man." Dad basically pleads.

"Fine. But only for you."

---

When we arrive at the front gate, one of the Malavita servants open my door and help me out of the car.

"Welcome to Malavita, your Highnesses." He says respectfully. "I am Devin and will be assisting you with anything you need during your stay here. We are all very excited to have you."

"Yes, yes," my Father dismisses with a wave of his hand. "Just get us inside."

"Of course." The man (Derrick, is it?), says. He directs us inside after a few snapped commands at other servants.

"William!" I call. My hand servant rushes forward immediately. "I need a familiar face. I can't stand all these strangers. They're so formal I'm going to implode."

"Of course, M'Lady."

---

We are led by Dylan (?) into the foyer of the castle. He gives a brief tour (meaning he gives a general outline of the castle and promises a tour before bed).

When we arrive at the doors to the throne room, we are instructed to stand there until announced.

They found the Herald and he opens the door.

"Introducing; King Zeus and Princess Thalia of Caray!" He squawks, stepping aside to let us through.