Cinque

I have a question for you lovely readers:

Do you pronounce Thalia as TAH-lee-uh or THAL-ia??

I pronounce it THAL-ia.

Comment your answers :)

- Nico_Solace

P.S. This is dedicated to IWrteFicNotTragedies and nocturnal_writer because they have been amazing and has been nothing but encouraging to me, even as they eagerly awaited another chapter. Thank you for being kind and writing amazing stories, even though I don't really answer your comments xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=Nico=

"So." I smirk at Bianca from my place on her bed.

"What is it now, Nico?" She sighs, rifling through her drawers for God knows what.

"How long have you been hot for my betrothed?"

She turns bright red and quickly turns where I cannot see her face. "I have no idea what you are trying to say, Nico."

"You know exactly what I'm 'trying to say', Bia. Its written all over your face; you're conflicted."

"I am not! I have absolutely nothing to be conflicted about. While I have noticed how... attractive your fiancée is, I know my boundaries. Unlike someone I know." Bianca turns to me with a pointed look.

"Yeah, yeah. I didn't need boundaries until my worst nightmare barged her way into my life and decided to take up residence down the hall from me."

"You sound bitter, fratello."

"Well, maybe that's because I am. I was having fun playing around with every guy in Malavita. Now, I'm not even allowed to look at one without getting Dad's 'disapproving' stare. It's like I don't have any privacy anymore!"

"You know he's making it that way on purpose, right?" Bianca tells me.

"He's what?" I blink in disbelief.

"He's making it seem like he's watching your every step because he doesn't want you sneaking off with someone. If Zeus or Thalia happened to catch the slightest glimpse of you with some boy, our reputation with Caray would be ruined. Father needs this marriage to happen more than you realize, Niccolo."

"I don't understand what you're hinting at, sorella."

"Nico, Caray is our biggest ally. They support us financially and they basically supply our military with everything from uniforms to weapons."

"Okay, I still don't see how this affects me."

Bianca sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose. With a shake of her head, she turns away from me. "You'll learn soon enough. Father can't allow your ignorance to last much longer. Especially if he wants you to be the next ruler."

With that, she walks out of the room, leaving me alone on her bed.

---

A few hours later, I head to my riding lessons with Percy.

On my way down to the stables, I spot Will out in my mother's garden. He's walking through and gently running his hands over the delicate things, his face soft and unsuspecting. Making a split second decision, I change directions and head over to Mama's garden.