Dieci

If anyone knows of a picture of royal!Nico or what you think would be a fitting cover photo for this story, please send it my way! I'm looking to change the cover but I can't find a good picture to use.

A huge thank you to nocturnal_writer for always listening to my bitching about this story. Thank you for editing and pushing me to get this stupid chapter out even when I was convinced I wouldn't ever be able to get it written. You're honestly one of the few reasons I've kept writing the past few months.

Anyhoodles!

Enjoy :)

- Nico_Solace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=Nico=

"It's not that Nico and I are uninterested in the political alliance of Malavita and Carray, we are simply uninterested in that alliance coming through marriage." Thalia speaks eloquently, smiling at the invasive interviewer.

"Yeah," I added. "We are all for our nations' continued support of each other through military, finances and other things of the sort, but we have simply come to the conclusion that marriage between us is not an option."

The interviewer nodded, a fake smile emphasizing his smile lines. He clearly wasn't satisfied with our answers. "Do you believe the change in allied arrangement will affect the effectiveness of the treaty? I mean, how can we, as Malavitans, be sure Carray will not turn their back on us? Without the marriage there isn't the secure guarantee."

Thalia and I both chuckled to each other before I took the question. "As your future King, I can assure you no such thing will happen. Thalia and I have spoken in-depth about this and worked out as many of the technicalities as we could with Malavita's best political and war advisors. The two of us are solid in our agreement."

The interviewer nodded, his smile once again tight. "Do you really believe it is in the best interest of both nations to end the marriage agreement, though?"

I plastered a smile across my face, already fed up with this interviewer's constant pushing. "As I mentioned before, Mr. Clarkson, Thalia and I spent time with the nations best strategists and advisors to see how this alliance would pan out without a marriage. We agreed it was in the best interest of both of us with no harm coming to the alliance or either nation."

"It just seems rather reckless that you two would make such a big decision without the consent of both King Hades and King Zeus."

Before I had a chance to answer yet another insulting question, Thalia jumped in. "Excuse me, Mr. Clarkson, but it sounds like you are implying Nico and I are not taking our nations' best interests to heart and that we would blatantly ignore the advice of our Kings."

"Oh, no. That's not what I was meaning at all." He replied, his voice sounding anything but sincere. "I was merely intending on pointing out how huge it is for you two young royals to end a centuries-long alliance all because of a drunken statement by the Prince."

My smile dropped clear off my face. How dare he accuse us if being irresponsible because of our age and my sexuality. "Ah, I see. Mr. Clarkson, all due respect, but I must say that is entirely unprofessional of you to say. This interview is over. You have continued to disrespect me, Thalia, and - by default - both Malavita and Carray. Thank you for inviting us onto Good Morning Today, but you will no longer be receiving interviews from the Royal court."

I stood and Thalia followed my lead. Before he even knew what was happening, we were off of set and the show went to an unexpected commercial break.