Otto

How do you tell someone you love dearly that you absolutely hate their boyfriend and he's a complete douchebag???

Oh, right, you don't.

Anyhoodles,

Let's get this party started!!

- Nickel

p.s. THANK to Elena aka nocturnal_writer. She edited this chapter and pretty much made sure I actually spent time writing instead of complaining it didn't write itself. Have fun~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was waiting for everything to explode in my face.

Since that meeting and what my mother had said almost two weeks ago, no one bothered me about my coming out. I did everything I could to avoid Thalia and Zeus, knowing it would just be awkward.

I'd spent more hours training this week than I have in probably my whole life.

"You know, running from this won't stop the shit storm that will eventually start." Clarisse told me, swinging a right hook at me.

I dodged it easily. "I know it won't, but it'll help me avoid it for as long as possible." I tried to sweep her legs, but she jumped easily.

"Listen, you need to grow a fucking pair and go talk to your fiancé and her family, talk to your parents, and send a tweet or post a picture or something to tell people it was legit." Clarisse dropped her stance, signaling our three-hour sparring session was finished.

With a heavy sigh, I nodded. "I know I need to, but ignoring it is easier."

"Well, dumbass, no one said coming out to your entire kingdom was going to be easy, but it's a little too late to run from the consequences. People probably have a million questions for you and Thalia. Talk to the poor woman."

"Okay! God, why does everyone feel the need to baby me all of a sudden?"

Clarisse laughed easily. "We have always babied you, Nico, it's just gotten worse since all of this happened."

"Yeah, alright. I'll see you later, Clarisse."

With that I left for the showers, I needed time to decide what I was going to say to Thalia before I faced her.

---

Okay, yeah, I didn't listen to Clarisse in the slightest. Instead of finding Thalia and talking to her about it, I went to my favorite hiding spot and curled up with a book.

It's a miracle no one actually checked under the servant stairs on the fourth floor considering I used to hide here when I was a child. I even had some old books and blankets here to make it more comfortable.

I'd heard at least a dozen servants walk by calling my name. I remained quiet, continuing with my book as they walked past me over and over.

I was almost two thirds of the way done with the book by the time Percy knocked on the stairs next to me, startling me away from the story.

"Hey," he said with a gentle smile. "Everyone is kinda freaking out; they think you ran away or something."

I let out a snort while my eyes rolled to the ceiling. "Yeah, because I'm the type to run away. Please, that's more Bianca's style. I've been here for... What time is it?"

"Almost dinner." Percy crouched next to me.

"Then just about five hours. I'm running away from Bianca and Thalia, so hush or they'll find me."