Electricity

I take my bike out of the back of the Jeep and head home. Rafe had dropped my mom off at work, so her car was there. I had my license, and once I found them inside, the keys, so I order take out. I order my mom's usual and something for me. I sit at the table and finish the small amount of homework from the night. I find a note from Scott saying he was with Kira. When dinner's about ready, I go to pick it up and then head to the hospital, where I find my mom at the front desk. She let's out a relieved sigh when she sees me. 

"Thank you so much! I was starving!" She says. I hand her the to-go box. She motions for me to come back with her. I carry mine back to the break room and we eat together. 

"So what have you been doing for the past 3 hours?" She asks, "You didn't come home after school," 

"Yeah, I was at Stiles'. We played Mario Cart for 3 straight hours," I say laughing. 

"You two are the nerdiest couple I've ever come across," She says, jokingly. I laugh again. We eat and talk for her 30 minute dinner break. After we finish, we throw away the food, and she says she has to get back to work. I hug her before leaving. I get in the car and drive back home. I turn on the TV and start watching reruns of random shows. I'm only about 10 minutes in before someone starts pounding on the door. I run over to it and open it to Stiles and Lydia. 

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Where's Scott?"

"He's with Kira, why?"

"Get in the car, we'll explain on the way," I turn off the TV, knowing to keep the bills down and lock the door before climbing in the Jeep with Stiles and Lydia. They explain how Barrow was after Kira the entire time, and all about the chemistry closet, us not being able to get a scent, and the coded message. We drive to Kira's house, only to see Scott knocked out, and Kira no where in sight. We immediately go to wake Scott. 

When he does wake up, he sits up and says "B-Barrow. He took Kira," 

"Yeah, he was after her the entire time," Stiles says. He goes into panic mode and calls Allison and Issac to see if they found anything. When they come up empty handed, he turns back to us. 

"We have to think of something, he's going to kill her!" Scott says. 

"I knew he was there, how did I know that?" Lydia says.

"You heard the flies, right?" I say.

"What do you hear now?" Scott asks her. She pauses. 

"Nothing. I feel like I can do this, but I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue and I don't know how to trigger it. I swear... It just makes me want to scream!" She says. 

"Okay, then scream. Lydia scream," Stiles says. She screams an ear-splitting scream. All three of us cover our ears until it's done. The three of us all glance at each other while she takes a deep breath. She suddenly turns to us, making us all jump.

"It's not flies! It's electricity," She says.

"Barrow was an electrical engineer, he worked at a power substation," Stiles says, connecting the dots. I swear, I could never figure out any of this stuff, let alone make all of these connections. 

"What substation?" Scott asks. The three of us hop in the Jeep, while Scott gets on his motorcycle. Stiles speeds off in the direction of the substation the moment all the door are closed, Scott following closely behind us. When we get there, Scott climbs off his motorcycle and Stiles gets out of the Jeep. He closes the door before me or Lydia could climb out. 

"Wait here, alright, just wait for the cops to come,"  He says. 

"I am not waiting in the Jeep!" I say.