Chapter 4

Tris.

I feel a bright light shining through my closed eyelids. "Is she awake or is she dead? Cause honestly I couldn't care less, we could throw a party if she dies."

That voice sounds familiar, like...Number Boy.

"Tobias, watch your mouth! Or else I'll send you here next year too," Someone warns. I can tell the voice belongs to a girl, and it's oddly deep too.

Who's Tobias?

"Sorry," He mumbles. That voice sounds like Four's. But obviously not, I mean she would've said Four. After I think that, I mentally slap myself. Obviously his name isn't actually a number, Tobias has to be his real name.

I slowly open my eyes, and see an elderly lady standing beside me with a flashlight and a concerned look on her face. "Am I dead?" I ask bluntly.

"I wish." I jerk my head towards the voice, and see Number Boy standing against the wall, his arms crossed.

My eyes squint due to the light, and I realize that I'm in my cabin. "Hello honey, are you feeling alright?"

I sit up straight, and look down at my body. I'm still in shorts and a tank top, and my ankle is wrapped in a bandage.

"What happened?" I ask, ignoring her question. The lady turns her head to Number Boy who looks to the floor and chews on his bottom lip.

"Would you like to explain Tobias?"

His head jerks up and his eyes widen. "Hello, she's right there. Did you forget what I told you to call me when we're here?"

I roll my eyes. "I already heard her when scolded you for saying you'd throw a party if I died, which for the record, is extremely offensive."

He sighs and then sends the lady a quick glare. Then he turns his head back to me. "When I was carrying you, your head hit a tree. You're lucky I brought you back here quickly, cause I heard wolves howling and I could've fed you to them."

"What stopped you?" I ask with a smirk. He returns the favour with a smirk, except he somehow manages to do a better one. "The fact that I would have some serious explaining to give to your family."

"And the fact that I would've torn him to shreds if he did," The lady says while nodding. "Sorry Tris," He says while looking at me with pleading eyes, although anybody could tell that he's trying to hold back a laugh and a smile.

I roll my eyes. "Anyone can tell that you're not really sorry." He laughs and nods along. "You're right, it was actually hilarious."

"Tobias!" The lady scowls.

He sighs.

"Seriously?"

I roll my eyes and stick my bottom lip out. "Be nice to your aunt, Tobias."  He groans, "Don't call me that Clumsy."

"Is my ankle okay?" I ask, turning my attention to the lady--whom I think is his aunt.

She nods. "Your ankle is alright, you just have to take I easy. And you'll experience a little dizziness for the next few days or so."

I nod, that isn't so bad. "So can I get up now?"

"Be careful."

I nod again and swing my legs over the bed and stand up, feeling the world spin slightly. Number Boy starts laughing but shuts up as his aunt glares at him, leaving a smirk on my face.

"Alright," He claps his hands together. "You can leave now." His eyes dagger into his aunts, and I almost wonder how he hates her so much. What is she like that makes his--dare I say attractive--eyes look like ice.