Chapter 6

Tris.

"Hey," I murmur while walking into the cabin. Tobias looks up at me with a small smile on his face. "Hi Clumsy."

Why isn't he yelling at me?

He's sitting on the edge of his bed, facing my bed. "So," He begins quietly. "Where'd you go?"

Shit.

Number Boy is examining his hands, and the red patch on his face is clearly visible. "Oh um, I went back to the beginning of the track...I lost my phone," I say while sitting across from him.

He just nods before returning to his hands. "Cool."

I raise an eyebrow at him. He isn't mentioning his hands or his face. "Can I ask you something?" I ask while keeping my eyes on the bruises on his hands.

"Sure."

"What happened to your hands?" I ask quietly. My voice sounds sort of strained, which I don't know why.

Tobias shrugs. "Dunno, maybe I scraped it against a tree."

Liar. "Oh," I reply. "Well then what happened to your face?"

He looks up at me, and then places a hand to his cheek. "That--Uh nothing, why?"

My eyes brows shoot up and I give him a conflicted look. "Dude, your face is red."

Immediately I move so that my elbows are on my knees. "Really?" I ask curiously. "Just tell me what happened, that's all I'm asking." This'll prove if he trusts me or not.

He looks at the floor before shaking his head and getting up. "Trust me," He says, his face placid. "I'm fine."

Well that didn't go too well.

I roll my eyes and stand up as well, before pushing him so that he sits on the windowsill. "What are you doing?" He asks, slightly annoyed.

Being a superhero!

With a sigh, I walk over to the cabinet above the washroom sink and grab an ice pack and a few other things that I can use. Maybe if I end up a superhero then I'd be the person that saves lives by helping their bruises and scrapes. That's a medi--

"Oh for Gods sake just shut up and let me be a goddamn superhero!" I yell. Oh shit I said that out loud.

"What'd you say Clumsy?" Tobias yells from the windowsill. I mentally curse, and then shake my head. He can't see you! "Uh--nothing!" I yell back.

Grabbing a few things that may or may not come in handy, I walk back to the windowsill and see Tobias looking out the window. He stands on the tip of his toes and raises his head up trying to see whatever it is he's looking at.

"What are you looking at?" I ask curiously. His head jerks to mine before shaking his head. "Um...birds?" It comes out more like a question.

I'm not an idiot.

With a sigh of annoyance, I drop down across from him on his bed. "Hey!" He protests. "I made my bed this morning, you just messed it up."

He cleans?

I look at him with a shocked expression. "Does the badboy actually make his bed?" I exclaim.

He sends me a glare before raising an eyebrow up himself. "What are you gonna do with that stuff?" He asks while sitting back on the windowsill, facing me.

I shrug. "Be a superhero," I proclaim excitedly. Tobias rolls his eyes before crossing his arms. "I'm fine, I told you already."

Sure he is.