Chapter 10

Tobias.

"So," I bring a clipboard with me as I walk to the centre of their cabin. They all share one, it's right beside me and Tris. "We need to learn your names."

Tris nods and grabs the clipboard from me and sits down on one of the bunk beds. "So, when I call your name out can you just raise your hand up?" She asks while skimming their eyes. I counted already, and we have a total of 6 kids this year. That means each of us get 3 to take care of.

"Who put you in charge?" One blurts out. Oh shit, she's gonna slap him. A boy with freckled skin and a red snapback stands in the corner of the cabin with a smirk on his face.

"Listen," Tris stands up and slowly walks over to him, an innocent smile on her face. I glance at all the other kids in the cabin, and they all are nervously watching Tris. I can't help but walk over to them slowly.

"I put myself in charge. Cause last time I checked, you're all a bunch of selfish little brats that came here just so you can see your friends," She mutters quietly, right in front of his face.

I told you she would blow. I lean over to the group of kids huddled beside the bunk closest towards the washroom doors on the right and I whisper, "You can expect the sass from her. Don't be surprised."

I stand up and watch as the freckled boy looks at Tris with wide eyes. He's literally checking her out. "What's your name?" He asks cockily, a smirk on his face. He's about to get yelled at.

Tris moves back a little and looks at him and shakes her head. "Tris, why?"

"Because," He snarls, a grin threatening to explode on his face. "Maybe you would like to go out to dinner sometime." His eyes roam up and down her body and I almost burst out laughing. Some part of me finds it funny, another part of me--well I don't even know what the other part of me is thinking, and frankly I really don't want to know.

Tris rolls her eyes and walks back to me with crossed arms. "Don't you think you're a little young?" She asks with pursed lips.

"I'm thirteen, and what are you, you have a twelve year olds body for Gods sake," He retorts.

I let out a snort but then feel a jab in my side from Tris. "Shut up," She mutters before walking to the opposite side of the room, as far away from the freckles guy as possible.

"One thing you should know is," I nod towards Tris. "You can mess with me all you want, because I do not care. But don't mess with Tris, she will eat you alive. Got that?" I ask with a slight curl on my lip.

Tris glares at me before crossing her arms, holding the clipboard tightly to her chest. "Anyways, we're going to be your councillors for the next three months. I know you all are semi-aware--"

"Why aren't you wearing the uniforms?" A girl with brown hair and blue eyes asks. Her hair is swept onto one side of her head, and since she's standing I can admit that she's really tall.

"Because," Tris says. "We don't want to."

Or she's trying to be a smartass.

"Anyways now I need to learn your names," I argue while leaving my back against the wooden cabin door. "When I call your name just put your hand up okay?"

I look down on the paper and sigh. "Thomas?"

A kid with slick black hair and green eyes raises his hand with a grin. "That's me Mr. Number Guy!"

I laugh while putting a check mark beside his name. Even though I hated all the kids that I've had every year, these people are actually getting a smile on my face, which hasn't happened in recent years.