An open door.

I was hiding in a small crevice under a rock, listening to all the other dragons running and playing, I was the smallest and couldn't play with them anymore.

"Hey Squrit, I know you're under here." An older dragon said.

"My name's not squirt." I growled.

The rock was moved and I was exposed.

"Yeah you are, just look at you, your the size of a human hand." He said.

"Humans are the cursed beasts that call themselves heroes!" I hissed.

"Now come on bite size, we managed to save you some of our kill for you." He said lifting me by my tail, I was not happy about it.

I ate very little of the meat because it was rotten, and I was getting tired of being the one to be last. Later that night, I was sitting in the top of a tree and looking up at the stars, I saw one shoot across the sky.

'I wish my luck would change.' I thought.

I climbed into an old bird nest and curled up into a ball, but it was too cold to fall asleep. After an hour, I heard one of the larger dragons roar in panic, I sat up quickly to see the forest was on fire.

"We must get out!" Everyone was saying.

They took to the sky as I tried to follow, but my small wings wouldn't lift me much and I crashed to the forest floor.

"Help!" I shouted, but no one heard my plead for help.

I began running to try and escape the flames, but being the size I was, I knew it was futile. I dug a shallow hole under a rock and climbed under, terrified to move.

~~~~~

I woke up after passing out from the smoke to realize I wasn't under the rock anymore, but in some sort of enclosed space. The top was removed and I saw a human boy with brown hair looking in at me, I began hissing at him.

"Calm down, little guy, I'm not going to hurt you." The boy said.

"You monster!" I shouted angrily, but it didn't seem like he could understand me.

The boy set down a live mouse in the enclosure and it looked at me, it tried to jump back out as the top went back on.

"Please, don't eat me!" The mouse begged. "I don't taste good, I'll give you indigestion!"

"I doubt that would be any worse than eating rotten meat." I said as I snapped at it and gobbled it down quickly.

I licked my lips and looked around, trying to get out, but the top was a lot heavier than I thought.

"Damn, how am I going to escape now?" I asked myself.

I froze when I heard a strange sound, I curled up in the corner under some of the leaves and was quiet, the top was removed again.

"Oh, where did you go?" The boy asked.

I was quiet as he put his hand in, I reached out and bit his finger, causing him to jump back in fear and pain.

"Don't do that!" He shouted.

"I don't want your filthy human hands near me!" I shouted back.

The boy looked at his now bleeding finger, he bandaged it quickly and looked back at me.

"I was just trying to help!" He said angrily.

"Can you even hear me?" I asked getting agitated.

The boy turned around quickly and put the top back on, I wasn't happy to be in here.

"Lghi*, what are you doing?" A man asked with anger. (Pronounced like lie.)