Under the skin care.

It's been a week since Lghi and I were brought to the sanctuary, I was still recovering from the venom of the serpents, but I was finally able to walk around. Kidime walked down to see I was moving around slowly as Lghi sat quietly in the middle of the pit, she walked over and stroked my snout.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm okay, but it's too cramped down here to determine my condition." I replied.

"Can he go to the courtyard with me today?" Lghi asked.

"Yes, I think it's time for some fresh air." Kidime replied with a smile.

Lghi walked right behind me as we went up the stairs, I stumbled slightly as I slid down a little, but Lghi grabbed me before I fell all the way back down.

"Thanks." I said as I got back up.

We finally got out of the pit and I was slightly blinded by the light, Lghi walked next to me and covered my head with his wing.

"It's rather bright." I said.

"That's because you were down there for so long in the dark." Lghi chuckled.

We got outside and Lghi ran over and began playing with Yumi's young, I stiffly walked over to a tree and laid in the shade, Magnum walked over and sat with me.

"I heard what happened to you." He said.

"Yeah, I heard what happened to you too, you big baby." I chuckled.

"You'd be screaming too if you had an infection as bad as mine." Magnum growled.

"Well, I think my condition is worse than yours, I might not be able to make a full recovery." I said laying down more comfortably.

I let out a rasp sigh and began coughing, Lghi ran over and began checking me over.

"Are you okay?" Lghi asked with concern.

"I'm fine." I replied.

Lghi seemed hesitant to leave me, but went back to playing with Yumi's young. After an hour, Kidime decided that I should go back inside and get some rest, Lghi wasn't even with me that night.

+++++

I woke up the next morning when I heard the top of the pit open, I tried lifting my head to see who it was, but I couldn't get my muscles working and couldn't succeed. I saw Kidime walk down and look at me, I let out a sad, slow growl.

"Oh no, this isn't good." She said quietly.

She walked over the rest of the way and laid me on my side, she began checking me over. It was quiet for nearly twenty minutes, then I saw Lghi walk down.

"What's wrong with him?" Lghi asked quickly.

"He took a turn for the worst, I know he was doing well yesterday, but..." Kidime went quiet, she took Lghi back up.

I laid helplessly as the burning sensation of the venom spread throughout my body, I began grunting in pain, trying not to scream.

'I hate this!' I thought.

After nearly an hour, Kidime came back and checked my eyes and the wound on my neck, she didn't say anything, she left after a while.

'I'm going to die... Aren't I?' I thought as I began crying.

I kept struggling to get up or move, but just couldn't. I gave up as I knew it was getting late, but Lghi and Kidime never came back, I was alone in the dark.

'Dragen.' A soft voice at the back of my mind whispered, but I wasn't sure if it was me or not. 'Dragen, please answer?' It asked.

'What's going on?' I thought.

'Oh good, you can hear me.' The voice said quite happily, I could tell it was a girl. 'I heard what was going on with you.'

'Who are you?' I thought, wanting to know.

'This is Hulong, I was in the lake when I saw you.' The voice replied. 'You may not know me very well, but I remeber you.'

'Listen, if you're not going to be any help, then leave me alone.' I thought as I closed my eyes again.

'I know of an antidote.' Hulong said.

I was quiet for a moment. 'How will I get your help?' I thought.

'Send the other dragon that was with you, he can't talk with me like this, because he was born human.' Hulong replied.

I tried to stand up, but just moved to my side, I tried to relax a little, but my muscles just wouldn't.

"Lghi!" I screamed as loud as I could.

I waited a moment as it was quiet, just before I could call again, I saw Lghi walk down the stairs in his human form.

"Yes?" He asked quietly.

"Go back to the lake..." I replied with my voice going out.

"Why?" Lghi asked in worry.

"Please... Just go?" I asked.

Lghi was quiet, but left anyways, I closed my eyes to rest a moment.

+++++

I woke up the next morning when I heard the top of the pit open, I looked up to see a Chinese Rain dragon walk down with Lghi by their side, it smiled at me.

"Well, well..." They said, it was Hulong. "You look a lot worse than I expected."

"Please... Help...?" I asked, sounding weaker than last night.

"Don't worry, you're in good claws." Hulong replied.

She laid next to me and dropped some herbs on the ground next to me, she crushed them up and rubbed it on my wound, she also smashed some down my throat.

"Will he be okay now?" Lghi asked.

"Only time will tell, and it's too early to tell right now." Hulong replied, she looked down at me. "Get some rest, it'll work faster that way."

I closed my eyes as she whisled a soft, calming song, I fell asleep shortly after. I was woken up suddenly when I was shoved, I stood up to move away and tripped, falling back to the floor.

"Well, you're doing so much better than earlier." Hulong said as she walked over.

She grabbed my horn and pulled me up again, I stood there for a moment before I laid down again.

"I guess you're not fully recovered yet, but at least you're making progress." Hulong said.

"Why did you have to shove me like that?" I asked.

Hulong just smiled, but didn't say anything. It went back to being quiet, but she let me fall back to sleep after a while.