Chapter 6 - Pancakes

I woke up. Ouch my stupid shoulder is killing me. Wait where am I. I looked around. Why the fuck am I on the couch. I looked at my surroundings to see Matthew on the floor next to the couch and Cameron, Aaron and Taylor on the pull out couch a couple feet away. I checked my phone. 11:23am, I usually wake up around 9am, jesus. I got off the couch but quickly forgot that Matt was on the ground, causing me to trip over him and fall over. I tried to get up but I couldn't because I was laughing so damn hard.

"Mhhmmm wjajxbkaka" I heard Matt say

"I'm so sorry go back to sleep" I laughed trying to tuck him back in bed. Matt rolled into a ball but then sat up and sighed while glaring at me

"I'm hungry lets go make some food" he mumbled. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. We walked over to the kitchen

"Hey there's a shit ton of pancake mix" I said wiggling my eyebrows at the open cabinet

"Fuck yeah" Matt grabbed the box from me and  brought out a mixing bowl. We made so many, no, too many pancakes. We had fucking pancakes on top of pancakes. Slowly everyone started waking up and me and Matt had a little pancake bakery set up in the kitchen. After everyone had eaten and me and Matt were munching on our last pancakes I realized something.

"Do you know where Hayes is?" I said with a full pancake in the mouth

"Umm actually I have no clue, I haven't seen him since last night" Matt replied

I swallowed my pancake and grabbed some and put them on a plate for Hayes. "I'm going to see if he's in his room" Matt just gave me a thumbs up because he was too busy chewing the 3 pancakes that were in his mouth at once.
I walked up the stairs and made my way to Hayes room. I knocked a couple times and heard a 'come in' from the other side of the door. I opened the door to find Hayes lying in his bed on his phone.

"I brought you some pancakes before the rest were eaten by Matt" I laughed

"Um thanks" he said with a blank expression and took the plate of pancakes.

"I also wanted to come up here because well um...are you okay lately?" He has been avoiding me since last night and I haven't seen him much

"Yeah I'm fine, why?" He asked, not looking at me

"I don't know, just wondering I guess, enjoy the pancakes" I said and walking out of his room knowing that he definitely wasn't fine. He just seemed angry lately, I don't know, maybe it's just me? I walked downstairs to see all the guys sitting in the living room talking. Ethan spots me and waves me over and I sit next to him and Taylor on the couch.

Cameron notices my new presence and catches me up. "So Sydney we were just talking about how we're going to go to the fair in about an hour, it's sort of late notice but we'll have plenty of time considering the fair ends at 11 and we can stay until it closes"

"Yesss I love the fair" I smile spreading across my face.

"And do you know where Hayes is, none of us have seen him" Cameron adds

"He's up in his room, but if someone wants to talk to him I suggest Nash because he seems angry and I'm pretty sure he hates me" I said looking at Nash

"Yeah I'll go up there and see if I can figure out what's wrong, but Sydney, Hayes could never hate you" Nash smiled

"thanks" I smiled. I didn't really know what to say. I watched Nash get up and walk upstairs to Hayes room. I couple minutes later, I realized that I was the only one still in my pj's, so I walked up the stairs to my room and started getting ready. After I was dressed and I was in my bathroom putting mascara on, I could hear Hayes and Nash talking.

"No one has seen you though, why didn't you just talk to her or something" I heard Nash say, who does Hayes have to talk to?

"Because I though she liked Matthew and by now they're probably dating or something, I mean all the girls love Matthew" Hayes said

"Hayes, she's known all the guys for like 2 days, no one is dating anyone, and I'm pretty sure Syd and Matt treat each other like siblings. You need to talk to her though, she thinks that you hate her and she's upset" I heard Nash finish. Wait, so Hayes thinks that me and Matt have a thing, so he's mad. Does that mean that Hayes likes me? My thoughts scrambled away once I heard Hayes' door open. I stayed in the washroom until I heard a knock on my room door. I walked out of the washroom and into my room and to the door. I slowly opened the door to see Hayes standing there, looking into my eyes.

"Hey can I come in" He said, looking..nervous?

"Yeah" I walked over to my bed and sat cross-legged while Hayes shut my door and sat on the carpeted floor

"I'm sorry" he started. I gave him a confused look, even though I was eavesdropping and basically knew everything.

"Oh right, well..." Hayes started but was cut off by Taylor yelling for us to come down because we were leaving for the fair. We left my room and I got in Aaron's Range Rover, all of the guys were split up and got in one of three cars. I saw Ethan and Grayson get into Matt's jeep. I was sitting in the back with Hayes on my right and Cameron on my left. Music was playing but it was silent between us in the car. It wasn't awkward it was...nice. The only thing that's on my mind at this very moment is my favourite place, the fair