Thorin (MAYLUCE)

This one shot is set after the Battle of the Five Armies and Thorin lives in this one. Thank you to @MAYLUCE for waiting so long, she requested it months back and it slipped my mind. Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes or things don't really connect, I wanted to get this out soon. I have another one shot coming up after this so you can wait for that one! Enjoy!
(I had to put the photo there. Enjoy your nightmares! XD)

It has been a few months since the Battle of the Five Armies. Dale has been rebuilt and so has Erebor. Dwarves from many lands have come to live here, and it has become like old times. Well, old times were not the best for me. You see, I am the sister of Bofur and Bombur. They have always been by my side, the usual protective older brothers. Both know everything about me, except one thing. It was my choice not to tell them, it is my fault I am the person I am today.

Before the dragon attacked, I was much younger then I am now...obviously. Back then, there was this certain group of dwarves I would pass on my way to Dale and I went to Dale a lot. Dale was the place where my friends and I hung out, but none of them were with me on the walk there. The group would bully me, push me, beat me, and I had never done anything to them. I had to wear long sleeved shirts to cover my cuts, yes, the bullies made me cut myself. It was the worse and I regret ever doing it. There were many times where Bofur or Bombur almost saw them, but I always pulled their attention away. These days, I don't talk much, only to the people that are dear to me. I shy away from new people and opportunities.

Oh, did I mention I went on the quest too? Yes, I said I shy away from new opportunities, but this is different. I have always wanted to go on a quest and didn't let the bullies hold me back from that dream. At first, Thorin didn't want me to, but he finally gave in and let me. Thorin and I never really talked much, but the quest brought us closer, and before I knew it, I started to have feelings for him. I denied them, but then I couldn't help but give in to them. He has been my friend through the whole quest and I don't want to take the chance of ruining it.

Now in the present time, all is well. I have got a home, family, friends, what else could I ask for? (Thorin...XD)

"Sonja!" A voice behind me called out as I strolled down the halls of Erebor. I turned around to see Thorin walking towards me with a big grin on his face. When he caught up, we both started walking again.

"Did you need something Thorin?" I questioned.

"Yes, actually. Would care to join me on a walk in the forest?" He replied with a small smile. I grinned and nodded.

"I would love to!" I exclaimed, a blush finding its way onto my cheeks. He chuckled, grabbed my hand and kissed it. Still holding my hand, he looked up at me.

"Meet me at the entrance in an hour." He said, letting go of my hand and walking away. I stood there for a few seconds before skipping the rest of the way to my room. After an hour, I was waiting at the entrance to Erebor. I finally decided to wear a short sleeved shirt that showed my old scars, but I did my best to cover the scars with makeup. Soon, Thorin came up to me with a single rose in his hands.

"I am so sorry I am late, I had a meeting." He said, and handed me the rose. I smiled and took the rose delicately, smelling it before accepting his apology. We started walking down the path, memories came flooding nack but I kept a smile on my face, not letting them ruin my time with Thorin. When we got into the woods, we past by a lake.

I let out a yelp when Thorin suddenly nudged me in, coming back up to see Thorin laughing. I started pouting playfully, a plan starting to unravel in my head. Thorin finally stopped laughing and reached out his hand to help me. I grasped his hand, but pulled him down into the water with me. Now, it was my turn to laugh. He came up with a grin and started to launch at me when I put my hands up in surrender.

"I surrender! I surrender!" I yelled and let out a giggle. He chuckled but then let the smile slink off of his face when he looked at my wrists. I let out a nervous chuckle and put my arms behind my back.

"No, let me see them. Now!" Thorin demanded, wading through the water towards me. I looked down and hesitantly let him see my arms. He grasps them in his large, rough hands and lightly traced the scars with his finger.

"Oh, Sonja." He whispered before pulling me into a hug. His strong arms enveloped my petite waist, making me feel safe. I hugged back, buried my face into his chest.

"Why? Why did you do it?" He mumbled, cuddling his face into my neck. I sighed and lead him to the side of the lake, getting out and sitting on a log. After I told him everything, he just stared at me with a look of shock.

"Why didn't you tell anyone? We could have helped you. You did not have to go through it alone." He said, scooting closer to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. I looked down, only to have Thorin place a finger under my chin and force me to look into his eyes.

"I could have helped you. Bofur and Bombur could have helped you? Why? Just why? I love you and I feel guilty for not being there for you..." He rambled before pausing, realizing what he just said. My eyes widened at what he said.

"Do you...love me?" I asked, gazing into his eyes. He sighed and nodded, letting his hand drop from under my chin to his lap. I grabbed his hand and smiled before lightly placing my lips on his. He tensed for a moment, but started to kiss back. His hands placed themselves on my cheeks, his thumb caressing my cheek softly. My arms went around his neck, pulling him closer. We pulled away, both of us panting and smiling. Thorin placed his forhead onto mine, kissing my nose.

"Oh yeah, I love you too." I giggled. Thorin chuckled and pulled me into a hug, not letting me go for a long time.