Kili (Superboy6weeks)

This one shot was requested by Superboy6weeks! I am so sorry it took so long to update, but next request I will try to be faster! I tried my best on this one, tell me in the comments if there is anything I should change! Thank you reading and hope you enjoy!
-1958_MJ_2009

Water rushed past the companies barrels as we tumbled down the river. A horn sounded from the Mirkwood castle and the gates in front of us started to close.

"No!" Thorin yelled as his barrel hit the closed gate. All of the dwarves and my barrel bumped into each other. The elves started to get ready to capture us when an arrow penetrated the back of one of the gaurds. An orc suddenly appeared and pushed the elf into the water.

"Watch out!" Bofur yelled to the company as the gaurd splashed into the water. A whole group of orcs suddenly appeared, lead by Bolg.

"Slay them all!" Bolg shouted at the orcs in his own language.

"Get over the bridge!" Thorin yelled. An orc suddenly jumps out, ready to attack the company when Bilbo drew his small sword and runs the orc through. The orc shrieks in pain and collapses into the water with a splash. I noticed Kili leap out of his barrel and start making his way up to the lever. A sudden arrow hissed through the air and barried itself in his leg. Kili skidded to a stop, pain written all over his face.

"Kili!" Fili and I shouted at the same time. The lever was right in front of him, close enough to touch. He groaned in pain and fell back, holding his leg.

"Kili!" I heard Thorin shout also. Before another orc gets to Kili, another arrow whizzed through the air and hit the orc in the chest. I glanced back to see Tauriel appear from the forest.

"Kill her! Kill the She-Elf!" Bolg ordered to the orcs. While the orcs head over to attack Tauriel, Legolas also leaps out of some bushes and shoots an arrow through the head of an orc. I noticed Kili carefully pulling himself up and pulling the lever down. The company and I started moving further down the river, finally having the chance to escape.

"Kili!" Fili yells to his brother. Kili managed to jump into an empty barrel, but the arrow sticking out of his leg snapped making him howl in pain.

"After them!" Bolg yells, making more than half of the orcs turn their attention over to us. The company tumbles down the river, killing orcs along the way. Tauriel and Legolas catch up with us, but mostly focus on the orcs. I caught a sword that Nori threw to me and sliced an orcs head off.

After a bit of fighting, we finally got to a pretty safe distance from the orcs and elves. The current slowed down, making us paddle ourselves.

"Anything behind us?" Thorin asked the company.

"Not that I can see." Balin answered while looking behind him.

"I think we've outrun the Orcs." Bofur added hopefully. I sighed, knowing that wasn't possible.

"Not for long, we've lost the current." Thorin told him.

"We almost half drowned!" Dwalin exclaimed, obviously frustrated.

"Make for the shore!" Thorin ordered to the company. Everyone struggled to get onto the shore. Kili collapsed onto the shore, making Bofur and I look at him with worry. He notices us watching and avoids eye contact.

"I'm fine, it's not nothing." He told us, but we knew he was lying.

"On your feet." Thorin ordered us while walking by. Fili came over to check on his brother.

"Kili's wounded, his leg needs binding." Fili informed his uncle after looking at Kili's wound.

"There's an Orc pack at our tail. We keep moving." Thorin demanded, still ignoring the situation at hand.