Chapter 6

"You're so fat" the girl told me "nobody will ever want to be with you"

"You're ugly" another girl said.

"You're disgusting" a boy shouted "everyone thinks your worthless"

"Why do you even exist?" Someone else said to me.

"Stop it" I shouted at them, but they didn't. The horrible words kept coming from there mouths.

"Please just stop it" why wouldn't they shut up? Did they not realize that I already knew these things.

I started to thrash around with my arms.

I kept shouting for them to stop. Tears were flooding down my face. I began to run. Trying to hide from the people and there means words but they followed me.

I shouted again and again but they wouldn't leave me alone. They wouldn't go away.

"Florence, Flower wake up... You're scaring me" the familiar voice said.

I woke up with a start, my eyes opened quickly as I did. In front of my face was a very worried looking James.

I could feel the salty tears running down my face, falling off my chin and onto the bed sheets.

My legs were tangled in the covers. I was breathing heavily, far heavier than I usually do.

Suddenly two muscular arms are wrapped around me in a tight hug. I could feel James' face nuzzling into my neck.

It was comforting.

He pulled away which slightly disappointed me. "I couldn't wake you up!" He told me.

"Did I wake anyone else up?" I asked. I didn't want to ruin anyone else's sleep.

"No just me, but I was already awake so I guess I don't count" I nodded and lay back down on the bed.

The dream that I had was terrifying. I was still shaking slightly.

James took a deep, nervous breath, I looked up at him in confusion.
"Do you want me to stay with you for a while?" He asked "I don't mind"

I smiled and nodded. I wanted someone to be by my side as I fell back asleep. That dream had shaken me up. I don't know where James' player thoughts went but he didn't say anything about us being in the same bed.

I lay back down again and breathed in through my nose and out through my mouth. A calming technique my brothers had taught me when I was younger and would get scared.

I could feel the bed dip as James got on it. I turned to face him. He smiled and looked down at me.

My eyes fluttered shut and no more words were spoken until the next morning.

.....

I woke up the next morning with a hard pillow. I grunted. My arm was slung around the hard pillow and I was hugging it tightly.

I opened my eyes slowly, the bright light of the sun blinded me for a few seconds.

"Good morning Flower" my pillow said.