Chapter 25- Hey, StarClan, it's Splitpaw

"So, Splitpaw, what were the leaders talking about? We were searching for you and didn't really hea—"

Bonepaw was cut off by Glowstar. The fluffy white she-cat, with her deputy and Dreamsong close behind, pushed right up past both him and Rapidpaw and stood imposingly before her.

"We would like to speak with you in private, Splitpaw. I'm sure you... understand."

She had half a mind to say 'no, I don't understand,' just to see what the horrible leader would say.

"Sure, I guess," is what ended up being muttered out of her mouth. She glanced at the two toms from the corners of her eyes; she couldn't meet their confused stares and confusion.

It ended up, only Glowstar walked with her to a secluded part of the clearing. She didn't want to know what lies the other two were spreading about feeling sorry and wanting her back.

As the glow of the full moon — now sliding slightly onto the other side of the sky — gently became hidden from view by orange leaves, Glowstar stopped, turning to Splitpaw and staring at her face before looking away.

"So, what do you say? Will you come home to where you belong, or stay with filthy Shadowclan?"

She already looked as if Splitpaw was going to lick her paws, thank her, and beg for forgiveness and the privilege of being in Riverclan again.

Honestly, Splitpaw was still baffled. Did they really want her back? After all that they had said about her? She wondered if Batwing agreed with this, or her mother and father. Did they want her back? As much as she felt herself wanting to hear it... She found it very hard to believe, but...

"I'm... I'm not sure. Can you... g-give me time to think?"

Glowstar gave her a scorning look, "Do you really need to wonder? To think? You know Riverclan is your home, your family... why would you not want that? Why would you even consider staying with Shadowclan?"

"Maybe because you all showed me nothing but aggressiveness, hate, and negligence? Just a thought," she snapped, her irritation peaking at how Glowstar could be so oblivious to the pain they had caused her.

"Oh, Splitpaw! Is this really what it's all about? You were upset because you didn't get enough attention? That we were mean?"

"Y-You- it's not about being mean, it's about how you affected me! I'm weaker than all of my other friends, because no one would play... with... me."

Okay, when she said it like that, it did sound pretty silly and small... but they still affected her so much!

"Now, Splitpaw, I know you are angry, but there is no need to blame Riverclan because you're weak."

Shame coursed through her. Glowstar was speaking to her like she was a naughty kit that had eaten crow-food.

"I can't look at my reflection! You and all of Riverclan made me hate my looks and feel so unwanted!"

"I can't help you were born ugly," the Riverclan leader snapped, "And it was just your little kit head wanting more attention. All of this is inside your head, Splitpaw!"

"Then why... why did you rename me 'Split?' Why did you offer me up to the clans like prey? Why didn't you... want me?"

Glowstar sighed like this was stressful for her or something, and looked at her tiredly.

"No one likes an ugly cat. I can't help that, Splitpaw. I didn't change your name, your mother and father did. I didn't give you up, your parents did. I had nothing to do with this, and your kittish attitude is becoming very unattractive and annoying. Now, the Gathering is over, I have to leave, and I will expect an answer by the next."

"But... I have my assessments for my warrior ceremony coming up! I don't think..."

"Think what, Splitpaw? That you will stay with some stupid clan that doesn't have anything to do with you? That doesn't have your family in it? That doesn't make you who you are? Listen, Splitpaw, Riverclan is your everything. You seem to have loyalty issues and need me to make that clear. There is Riverclan in your blood, and every moment you spend with Shadowclan is hurting us. Now, what did you want to say?"

"Nothing," Splitpaw whispered.

"That's what I thought. I will see you next Gathering, then."

"Yes, Glowstar."

...

"Starclan? It's... It's Splitpaw. I need your help. I think I know what Iceheart meant, with me being weighed down? I feel like I'm about to break. I hope this is all a part of my destiny, because otherwise I don't know if I can make it. So, please make this be what it needs to be... Okay, uh, thanks Starclan."

"Oh, and what do I do if I like three toms at the same time?"