Chapter 5: Never Again

"Argh I hate it!"

Eleven year old Eric Cartman sat on the cold stairs that were behind the school building. He glared at all his classmates joyfully playing in the snow. He hated how they were all so happy and he wasn't for so long. The reason for his unhappiness was right across from him, holding a girl's hand.

It had been a year since Butters Stotch started dating Heidi Turner. He seemed so happy with her and it made Cartman sick. For the young brunette had a huge crush on the blonde and wished desperately that he was the one dating him. Though he had told himself over and over again that Butters was just a friend and liking him more than that was a mistake. Though it was no use. For Cartman couldn't get his best friend out of his head.

Kyle was walking around the park, hands in his pockets. He looked around and noticed that Eric Cartman was sitting by himself, staring at Heidi and Butters. He always had a slight suspicion that the brunette that he hated so much, had a crush on Butters . He decided to walk over to Cartman to find out.

"Hey fatass," Kyle said to him

"Go away you stupid J-O-O," Cartman spat

"Woah you're angry, " Kyle said though he knew that before talking to him.

"Fuck you!" Cartman said not looking at him, he was trying to get a good view of Butters.

Kyle caught his gaze and once he did, he sighed.

"Dude we all know you like Butters," He said raising an eyebrow at Cartman

"W....what?" Cartman asked getting out of his trance "No I don't,"

"Oh please," Kyle scoffed "All you ever do nowadays is stare at him and blush besides you told me this a while ago."

"Yeah I regret that," Cartman muttered "What do you want anyways?"

"I just wanted to see what's up. You aren't in the playground as usual," Kyle pointed out to him.

"Yeah," Cartman said "Because there's no point," He sighed.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked curiously

Cartman shook his head "Nothing, it's just......what's life when you know the one you love, doesn't share the same feelings?" He asked

"What does that have to do with not being in the playground?" Kyle said

"Cartman shrugged "You wouldn't understand, you're just a dumb dirty J-O-O."

"God Damn it Cartman!" Kyle said getting agitated "You are in fifth grade and you still can't spell Jew!"

Though Cartman didn't feel like fighting and walked away. Kyle just stared dumbfounded at Cartman's reaction. For usually the fat brunette would laugh and say something rude. This time he just walked away as if he couldn't give a damn. It strangely made Kyle worry and even feel a little sad. Not that he liked being insulted but this wasn't the fatass he knew for so long.
Kyle also wasn't so sure what to do so he walked up to Stan. Kyle told the raven haired boy what had just happened between him and Cartman.

"Wow , " Stan said once Kyle was done explaining "That kid is seriously in love,"

"Agreed," Kyle said "You could say that again. But I think something's off....." Kyle cut himself off. Why did he care so much about Cartman? Why did he feel like he needed to help him?

"Uhh dude you okay?" Stan asked snapping his fingers in front of Kyle's face.

"Uh yeah," Kyle said snapping out of it "Stan we should do something."