Chapter 11: Not All Changes Are Good

Eric Cartman woke up to the sound of his alarm clock, awakening from his deep sleep. He groaned and smashed the sleep button, trying to pretend like it didn't exist. He closed his eyes tightly, trying to go back to sleep, though the clock had other plans for him. He groaned and punched the clock and sat up.

"Alright I'm fucking up." He growled and rubbed his eyes. Eric hadn't gotten much sleep in the past few days, for they were his last days of summer break. He was not at all excited for his first day of high school. He only expected a lot of work and hate from his teachers, which was what he usually got. Eric was also very lazy and had no patience to be in school, at all.

"Honey, are you dressed?" Liane smiled walking into the room. She was very excited for Eric's first day of school, for it proved that he get through school just fine. She used to be nervous that Eric would screw up and would be kicked out of school, but she was gladly wrong.

Eric looked at her, still in his white t-shirt and boxers, definitely not ready for school. "I'm getting dressed now, just give me a moment." His mother chuckled and nodded, leaving some fresh clothes on the bed, before walking out of the room. Eric glanced at the clothes and smiled, red flannel and jeans, just how he liked it.

Eric eventually found the energy to get up and pulled on his fresh pair of clothes, running his hand through his hair. After he felt fully comfortable with how he looked, he went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth, even though he hated doing so. "You don't look so fat this morning." He chuckled at the mirror. "Ugh but you might be getting some facial hair...whatever, I'd be pretty sexy with a beard." He gave his reflection a few more compliments, before walking downstairs for breakfast.

Eric's phone buzzed as he ate his sprinkled donut and listened to the radio. He wiped his hand of powdered sugar, taking the phone out of his pocket. "Ooh." He smirked at the picture his boyfriend had sent him. Butters had started taking pictures of himself shirtless and sending them to Eric. He wanted to be a little more mature with him, since the two had been together since sixth grade and it was time to make a change. Eric texted several hearts and winky faces in response to the photos, he wasn't against this change at all. Although he didn't really contribute to it, for he looked basically the same. Eric had gotten a little taller but otherwise didn't change in appearance. Butters however, had gotten glasses over the summer and he was a little embarrassed by them but Cartman always reminded him, that he was his little adorable nerd.

Eric finished breakfast and ran out of the house, phone in hand. He texted Kenny that he would be picking him up so they could walk to school together. He would normally go with Butters as well, but ever since Butters's parents divorced, he lived in a house closer to the high school and was no longer Eric's next door neighbor. It was slightly annoying but a huge relief, Butters was no long abused.

"Kenny! Get your horny ass down here!" Eric called. "It's the first day and I'm not getting a detention because of you!" Kenny screamed an incoherent response and appeared at the doorstep a few minutes later. He chuckled at Eric's annoyed expression and closed the door. "Sorry buddy, I was fixing my hair."

"Fixing your hair?" Eric repeated. "How can you fix what isn't there?" He asked commenting on the fact that Kenny had nearly shaven both sides of his hair, leaving only the top completely unshaven. Eric called it the flop and didn't know why girls found it to be so attractive. Kenny nodded and smiled, puffing up his collar. "I need to look to good all the time Eric, something you would never understand."

"Because I'm taken?" He grinned as Kenny started walking away from the house. "No." Kenny smirked back at his friend. "Because you're ugly." Eric growled and ran after him. "I'm going to kill you McCormick!" He threatened as Kenny ran for it, laughing hysterically. Eric was able to tackle his friend onto the ground and pretend to pound him. "Don't insult me again understand?" He threatened playfully.