Chapter 7: The Heart of Butters

Cartman let out a deep breath as he got off the bus. It was his first day of middle school and he was surprisingly nervous. He couldn't wait to see his friends and torment his rival Kyle Broflovski. But he mostly couldn't wait to see Butters. Since that summer, Butters had forgiven him about the whole Heidi rumor thing and they had become friends again. More than friends even, and that's what made Cartman so nervous about the new year. He wondered if there were any other gay couples at school and if he and Butters would even stay together.

Cartman looked around for Butters. Though it seemed as if his boyfriend hadn't come to school yet. He sighed sadly and looked up at the new building.

It was basically the same as the elementary except the words read SOUTH PARK MIDDLE SCHOOL instead of elementary.

"Eric!" Someone called from behind Cartman. He turned his head slightly to see Kenny McCormick, his best friend.

Cartman covered his mouth at the sight of him, for the kid looked different.

Kenny wasn't wearing his usual orange parka anymore, instead he wore a thin orange jacket. His blonde hair had been spiked , and he looked like a he had gain some muscle.

"Kenny?" Cartman said his eyes wide "What the hell happened to you!?!?"

Kenny smirked and hugged Cartman "Thanks," He said ,sarcastically, then pulled away "You seem like you lost some fat there buddy!"

Cartman shook his head, then nodded "Yeah, but....whoa you look different."

"I decided this year," Kenny said puffing his chest "I was going to change myself."

Cartman bursted out laughing "How the fuck are you doing that?" He asked still laughing

"First of all," Kenny said getting annoyed 'I'm not wearing my parka anymore, second my hair is being styled, for the ladies if you know what I mean and lastly!" He said putting emphasis on the word lastly "I'm changing my whole attitude."

Cartman just laughed harder at his friend "And how the hell are you gonna do that?" He asked.

"Well, you see, I'm gonna be more shy and humble...something the ladies like," Kenny smirked "But, I'm going to also be a bit of a bad boy..."

"Yeah sure," Cartman said "Tell me how that works for ya," He laughed.

Kenny rolled his eyes "You'll see how right I am and how I'll become the most popular boy in middle school."

Cartman put an arm around him "Okay dude, whatever you say."

Kenny sighed and brushed off Cartman's arm. He turned and started to walk inside the school building. Cartman ran after him, breathing hard. He caught up to Kenny and looked at the kids around him.

"Wow a lot of more people this year, wonder why..." He muttered.

Before Kenny could say anything, Kyle and Stan walked up to them.

"Hey guys!" Stan said smiling.

"Hi dudes!" Kyle said

"Hey how's it going?" Kenny asked as he hugged Stan, then Kyle.

"Good!" Stan answered.

"Great!" And how we your summer?" Kyle asked Kenny.

Cartman cleared his throat to get their attention. Kyle turned to him and smiled.

"Hey Cartman," He said "How was your summer? You look like you lost weight."

"Fuck you Kahl," He muttered.