6

Vegapunk could not get me out of this mess.

Even with all the power he held in the world government, my guardian would not be able to pull me out of the hole I had dug myself into.

The door to my cell creaked open and I sighed as two of the three guards that entered pulled me up and pushed my body face first against the cold stone wall before patting me down and holding me there. The third then pulled out a syringe and administered to me my rose colored medicine- none too gently I might add.

Every six hours, on the dot; the only perk of having Vegapunk as a guardian in this place.

The third guard backed out of the cell first, followed by the two others after they threw me harshly back to the ground.

"I wasn't going to resist you know..." I mumbled quietly, sliding back down the cold stone wall.

I received no response and the doors to Level 6 closed.

The harsh sound reverberated throughout the empty level and I sighed.

This. Fucking. Sucked.

I closed my eyes tightly and tried to block out the emptiness. Perhaps I could nap while I was at it.

I was just begining to doze off when I heard the doors open yet again.

"Sir, even if you're a Shichibukai I can't let you go in there- Ack!"

I heard a guard get cut off as heavy footsteps made their way closer and closer to my cage.

The first thing I saw was pink, followed by a large grin and that familiar chuckle.

"Well, well, well. Looks like you've gotten yourself into quite the sticky situation, eh little Lawsie? Fufufu!"

From my position on the floor Doflamingo looked twice the size he normally was.

"Don't call me that, Doflamingo. You know I'm not him..." I murmured, hanging my head.

I could hear the smile in his voice as he crouched down in front of my cage.

"Aw, and here I liked it when you called me Dofy." He chuckled. "So. If you're not Law, who are you?"

I sighed and looked up at the large blonde man. "My name is Trafalgar Lamie. I was raised by Vegapunk and apparently I've diluted myself into thinking that I'm Law's little sister." I gave Doflamingo a shrug. "Happy?"

It didn't matter to me if I kept my upbringing secret or not anymore. I was just done with everything.

If possible, Doflamingo's grin widened.

"Fufufu. Very happy."

I shrugged again and after a few moments the large man stood to his full height and starred down at me. "Well, Lamie, would you like to join my family?"

I raised an eyebrow up at him. "Join a family of notorious pirates? I don't think so, even if it's you, Dofy."

His pleased grin changed into that of bargaining. "Come on! You can even commit mass genocide or kick puppies and get away with it. I know you liked tearing out those hearts. So how about it, Lamie? Wanna join my family?"

I gave him a dead-eyed stare from under my dark lashes. "That's cool and all, but I'm still not interested." I muttered, going back to staring at the floor.

I could just tell that the grin had vanished from his face as we sat in an awkward silence for about a minute, with him just watching me shift on the uncomfortable stone ground.

"If you join you get a super cool industrial grande chair."

I froze at his sudden words and shifted my eyes up to him at the prospect of comfort. A small grin cracked upon my lips. "Sweet."

"I know, right? It's customizable too."

"No shit?"

"Yeah, it's fucking awesome. Oh and we also need someone to cover for Law back at home, just to let you know."

I pouted at this, pondering my options.

'Pretend to be Law again and live in comfort for the first time in my life with a customizable grande chair, or stay in the Eternal Hell level of Impel Down...'

It took all of around three seconds for me to stand up and grab Dofy's outstretched hand through the bars. "Deal."

----

Doflamingo and I walked out of Impel Down with our heads held high, marines unwillingly saluting us as we headed towards the large blonde's ship. Dofy's devil fruit was fun.

My personal effects had been burned- save for my pouch of medicine- so I was left to make the journey to Dressrosa in only the black and white striped shirt and shorts I had been given. I didn't even have shoes.

Never the less, I felt superior to every well dressed passerby as I walked beside Doflamingo, his large arm draped across my shoulders.

I knew he only tolerated me for the fact that I looked like Law and for my connections to Vegapunk, but that didn't stop me from wanting to get closer to 'Big Brother Dofy'. Perhaps he could be my big brother too...

I shook my head to clear it of that absurd thought.

Of course he couldn't be my big brother. Nobody could be the family of some reject experiment like myself. Nobody alive, at least. And besides, the man was practically old enough to be my father. Someone like that couldn't be a big brother.

I stayed in silence for almost the entire two week trip through the New World to Dressrosa.

It was only when I saw the flamboyant country did I find my voice again.

My eyes widened as I stepped with bare feet onto the cobblestone road by the docks.

Dressrosa was magnificent.

Everywhere you looked the colors were vibrant and people were enjoying themselves to the fullest extent. Lush trees and bushes of flowers sprung up between whimsical, multicolored buildings, and the air seemed so clean and pure. Somehow toys paraded about happily with people, not a care at all. It reminded me of the time before I was hospitalized for my disease.

I felt a large hand rest on the small of my back, but I barely registered the contact, I was too entranced.

"Fufufu, what do you think?" Dofy asked me.

My eyes were still wide as I stared. It was like a giant festival.

"What do I think...?"

I looked back at Doflamingo and for the first time in sixteen years I felt a genuine smile spread across my entire face. "It's amazing!"