Chapter 14

Evan was strolling with Julius near the end of his front yard after which Ramona's little garden started.

He showed Julius butterflies and the new little unknown flowers just beginning to bloom in the garden, and he even showed his very happy child those weird birds picking out worms to feed their birdy children back in their respective nests. Evan just hoped that Julius wouldn't follow those birds and begin picking out worms and putting them in his own mouth when he would eventually start to walk someday.

But no where was the person Evan so much wanted to show himself for the sake of putting an end to the painful itch of his conscience. That painful itch which was injected into him along with the much needed epiphany Oliver had slammed in his brain.

But where was she? It felt like she had purposefully been hiding indoor. Otherwise why wouldn't Evan manage to catch a single glimpse of her in a whole day!

To say Evan had been spying on his neighbor's house to see who came in and out of the house in order to have a chance to somehow talk to Ramona - would be an understatement. He had his eyes practically glued to their house.

It made him feel like a stupid pervert at times but he was out of options here. Not having Ramona's phone number in possession seemed like a pain, he couldn't even - like normal people - go over to their house and ask for some of her time to have this talk take place. Because he had this intuition of Harry and Billy waiting for him with more than baseball bats this time around, not that Evan cared about her brother and tail of her brother welcoming him with those pathetic excuses of weaponry but he did care about messing the rare still pending chance of that talk with her.

Evan sighed as he looked at Julius sadly as the boy squealed when a yellow butterfly tried to sit on his head. To Evan looked like an angel in guise of a butterfly had come down on earth to drop a kiss on Julius's head. Evan's arms vibrated as Julius shook in excitement. It was fascinating how little it takes to make a child happy. Earth would have been a lovelier place if all the grown ups were this satisfying too, without weird complications and second thoughts, having to choose between right and wrongs while in the end settling down no where of any of the both and walking riddles around in confusion.

Like a tiny flicker of sunshine from a crevice of clouds, from over Julius's bouncing head and through the fluttering of the butterflies wings... Evan watched the face he had been trying to see since a while now. She was peeking out stealthily from her window.

The blinds fell down in place the moment their eyes met, the moment she realized she had been caught.

The sides of Evan's mouth twitched in an attempt to smile and think of this incident as a ray of hope. But what if it was not? Because now it was really clear that she was hiding from him, avoiding him.

And she had every right, every reason to be.

----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Ramona let the blinds fall in place removing her hand from her window. She backed away towards her bed. He had seen her watching.

And now he might be feeling annoyed at the sight of her ugly face in such a lovely day he was enjoying with his son. But how could she not, she had been listening to the sweet laughter and squeals of Julius. It was as if that little piece of sunshine was calling for her to come out of her hole and enjoy the sun outside. How was that little one to know that her life and her heart, was meant to... destined to stay drowned into an endless night where screams would always be sung instead of lullabys.