Chapter 24

Hello everyone! How are you all? Well, my health is getting better now and hence I'm here with a new chapter. I appreciate all of your concern for me. Thanks. Love you!! You guys are the sweetest, kindest... loveliest friends.

Thanks to all of you for your precious votes and comments. I adore each one of them.

So, hop in and read the chap. I hope you enjoy.

_____________________________________

________________________________________________

"I think, this one over here, yeah - this dress is going to be perfect!"

Ramona made a face at Coralin's overly excited expression. "Cora! That's too short. Give me something that covers more skin."

Coralin visibly deflated. "But Evan would love this lovely, little summer dress. I promise. He would want to drag you to a shadowy corner of the fair to prove that love."

Immediately, Ramona blushed in all shades of red. Coralin giggled.

An hour had passed since Ramona had stepped foot into her good friend, Cora's dress shop. She was a very friendly person with a talent to make gorgeous dresses. Her shop was a hit in the town amongst the female population.

"I'm not buying that Cora. You know, I don't wear such revealing clothes."

Though Ramona didn't want to buy this dress Cora was going so crazy on, she still felt the soft material of the dress with her fingers.

Coralin huffed. "But you used to wear them before leaving for Paris." She pointed out.

"People change, Cora. And you know why I changed." Ramona said wistfully.

There were too many scars on her skin. Those small dressed would risk them of getting showed. And the last time she wore one of such dresses, she remembered ending up bruised in a lot of places of her body after Lucas was done with her. What was the point of triggering bad memories?

Coralin was looking at Ramona sadly but too bad she was still stuck up on that very dress which she believed was made for Ramona only. Coralin knew what exactly Ramona was worrying about. "Ramona! I wouldn't have suggested you this dress if it had the rick of showing the scars. Trust me on this babe and please at least put it on, have a look. If you still don't like it, I promise I'll show you something else."

"People change for circumstances, Ramona, I know. But it's best for them to change back to their real selves after the phase is over. That's the actual meaning of moving on." Coralin added.

"Lady, you talk a lot like that uninvited guest in my house. But anyways, I agree with what you said."

Evan's voice made both the women turn around startled.

"What're you doing here? And how the hell you found me?" Ramona asked in surprise.

Evan walked in with Julius sitting on his shoulder clutching his hair in his tiny fists while bubbling in excitement. Seeing Ramona, he now became even more excited and began baby talking to her.

"Harry said you came here. You were taking your own sweet time and... uh Julius was kind of missing you, so..." Evan trailed off uncertainly.

Coralin began to giggle. "Aw! How cute of you to blame it on that cute kid." She then turned at Ramona and mouthed silently, "He loves you."

Once again Ramona blushed crazily. She was seriously going to turn permanently red one of this days.

In the end, after a trial Ramona ended up getting that dress and of course Evan paid being the gentleman. She also found out that Coralin was right about the dress. Not only did it not show anything she didn't want to but also Evan ended up dragging her inside one of the changing rooms. Thankfully Julius was busy in having a heart to heart conversation with a mannequin at the front of the shop.