CHAPTER 7

AND WE SHOP!!!

"Mere dil ko ye kya ho gya

Main na janu kahan kho gya

Kyu lage din me bhi raat hai

Dhoop me jaise barsaat hai

Aisa kyu hota hai baar baar

Kya isko hi kehte hai pyaar?"

My nights were sleepless since I had seen him.Forget dreaming,my whole night passed thinking of him!What was he upto now? Though he had promised he won't cross his limits and I trusted him but I was curious! Did he say 11 , I got ready by 9 and sat on the couch trying to kill my time.He hadn't appeared online since last night.Probably he was sleeping till late.I didn't want to disturb him so abandoned the idea of calling or texting.

Amma and Appa could see my restlessness as they saw me going in and out of the house every other minute but they did not say anything , just kept smiling looking at me.

The door bell rang .I looked at the clock , still 20 mins to 11 but maybe he came early.I rushed to the door.A boy stood there with a big heart shaped bouquet of roses.I was completely mesemerised on seeing it.It was really big!

"Ma'am isse kahan rakhna hai"he asked pulling me out of my thoughts

"Yahin, cabinet pe rakh dijiye"I pointed

He kept it there and went.It had a note stuck on it.i opened it and it said

"Good morning sunshine Welcome to the second day of our journey"

"nandu kaun aaya tha"Amma asked from the coming out of the kitchen.

"arrey itne saare flowers...Manik ne bheje ,wah tera manik to bahut romantic hai"

So now it was Amma's turn to make me blush.TERA MANIK,like seriously.Why was everyone behind my life.Is there a custom in our country that its mandatory to make the bride to be blush all the time.Wait a minute did I just say BRIDE TO BE.aiyaoo I' m no less than others.

"Kahan kho gayi beta, atleast jawab to de"Amma said teasing.

"Amma "I said and hugged her tightly.

"Beta main bahut khush hu tere liye...God bless you both"

"Thx Amma "

And then my phone beeped

"come outside ,am waiting"

Just a message from him and the insects inside my stomach started their tantrums again.They seemed to have made my stomach their permanent home by now!

"bye amma, he's waiting outside"

bye kanna,take care"

MANIK'S POV

I saw her coming out of her house.She looked more beautiful every next day.She was wearing a sky blue churidaar,her hair open ,her face was glowing in the morning sunshine.

"Hi"I said as I opened the car's door for her.

"hi"she replied shyly.

"So , How are you today?I asked as I drove towards the wedding studio where mom and dhruv had already reached.

"Fine and Thanks for the flowers!"

"Arrey abhi to previous thanks bhi due hai "I winked

I could see her cheeks turning crimson red.How I loved to tease her like this.

"So ready to say thx in my way"I continued

She nodded shyly.I parked the car on the roadside.

"Oh k then , lets start"I moved my face towards her.She was breathing heavily but she did not move back rather she looked into my eyes. That was her TRUST probably.

I moved closer to her ear and whispered " Thank me with my name"

"What" her eyes opened wide in surprise

"yeah" I laughed "You gotta thank me with my name which you haven't called me by...yet!"

And there she was , blushing again.

"Don't blush so much nandini, its just the beginning"I winked "So...bolo"

She was still shying.How I loved to watch her like this...shy nandini hayye

"c'mon...its not that difficult is it?" I reminded her

After a long pause she murmured "Thx ...Manik"

"Aisa nahin, look into my eyes and say it"I commanded

And here was a courageous move from her this time,looking into my eyes she said

"Thx... Manik"

"My name sounds so perfect from your mouth.I want to hear it over and over again."

We were both lost into each other eyes in that moment of love. And probably we would have spent the entire afternoon there only, had Dhruv not called.

"Bhai,Bhabhi ko lane ke liye kaha tha, aap to raaste me hi honeymoon manane lag gaye!"

It took me a moment to figure out what was he saying .

"What nonsense dhruv" I gritted my teeth

"Kya bhai its been an hour since we re waiting, mujhe to laga shayad aap direct honeymoon pe hi chale gaye"he complained

"Dramebaaz, we'll be there in a few minutes"

And I drove to our destination.

NANDINI'S POV

It was a huge designer clothes lounge .

"Welcome sir, Mrs malhotra is waiting for you there"a salesman pointed out towards what looked like a VIP room of the launge.

We entered the room .I greeted Mom and Dhruv who were already there.I felt a bit emabrassed when Dhruv told us that they had been waiting for us for over an hour.

"Beta I have shortlisted a few gowns , see if you like any"Mom pointed towards the lot lying in front of her.

They were really very pretty.And mom's choice was actually very gr8.

The salesgirl helped me try a few gowns.But Manik was did not approve either of them.He found one or the other fault in each of them.Finally he himself picked up a carrot pink coloured gown from the new lot which the salesboy had just brought.I could see the shine in his eyes which said that it was something he was looking for.

The moment I came out of the trial room wearing that gown everyone said in unison "perfect!"

So after a lot of trials, eventually the gown was finalized .

Manik got an important business call so he had to rush to the office.We didn't even get the time to say bye properly.Dhruv and mom dropped me back home