Closeness

A week after of their unexpected encounter with Yuzuru and his mother in the grocery store, Shine and Min never meet Yuzuru outside of the club again. Everything is back to normal for Shine; where she can only see Yuzuru in the club as a figure skater and nothing more.

Then one morning, while Shine and Min were walking, they see a image of very familiar person —Yuzuru is carrying his bag and walking in the same direction as them.

"Is that Yuzuru?" Shine asked in her mind.

Min suddenly free his hand from Shine's hold and run towards Yuzuru.

"Min wait up" Shine loudly said while she runs to catch her little brother.

"Hi!"Min said holding Yuzuru's hand.

Yuzuru stop and he is obviously startled when Min hold his hand. He looked at his side and see Min. Min is looking up at him with his innocent eyes and smile.

"Oh..hello Min"Yuzuru said while he smile back to a cute, chubby-cheeks, little boy.

Shine finally able to catch up with Min and Yuzuru.

"Sorry about that..Hah..hah.." Shine said without looking at Yuzuru, breathlessly.

Shine sit on her knees and hold Min in his shoulder.

"Min,don't ever run away from me again,okay?"She said while still catching her breath.

Min nod with an innocently looked at his eyes.

"It's okay!" Yuzuru suddenly speak.

Shine looked up and see Yuzuru smiling at her. The light is hitting Yuzuru's face, making him looked like he was glowing into Shine's eyes.

"Is he an angel?" Her inner self said softly. Shine shake her head and bring herself back to reality.

"So, are you from this neighborhood too?" Yuzuru curiously asked Shine.

Shine nod her head and stand up straight —she try to composed herself in front of him.

"Yes, we are"She finally speak.

Shine can see that her answer makes Yuzuru happy  —on the other hand, she thought that she might also just be interpreting it wrong.

"wait! do you live around here too?" Shine then asked in surprised.

"Yes!" Yuzuru answer her excitedly.

"We live just down there"Min said to Yuzuru pointing at street.

"Really?" Yuzuru said to Min.

Min nodded.

"Well, It's nice to have a neighbor that I know" Yuzuru said directly to Shine. And he can't conceal the happiness in his voice.

"Yeah"Shine shortly agree and smile.

"And in that case, we can always go to the club together, right Min?" Yuzuru said to Min and he quickly glance at Shine.

Min nodded in agreement —Min too can't hide his happiness.

Yuzuru shift his look to Shine.

"What do you think, Shine?" Yuzuru directly asked her.

"I think it's a good idea" Shine said and shyly smile.

"it's a deal then!" Yuzuru said smile at her and Shine blushed.
....

Min, Shine and Yuzuru become friends but Yuzuru and Shine are closer to each other because of their age.

The three of them always come and leave the club together. Yuzuru and Shine always either text with each other or phone each other. And there are days where Yuzuru eat his breakfast in Shine's house and same with Shine. Other skaters do notice their friendship to be funny and tease them from time to time; especially Nam Nguyen and at times Javier Fernandez join too. But they don't pay attention to them, because Shine and Yuzuru know that there can be nothing more. For Shine, Yuzuru is like a fairy tale prince charming that she can never have.

One day, after the day in the club ended, Min, Shine and Yuzuru decided to leave the club together again and go home. While they are walking not far away from the club, a very beautiful Japanese girl suddenly approach them.

"Hi Yuzuru" the girl said in Japanese.

"Hello! I can't believe it! what are you doing here?" Yuzuru response in Japanese with a happy-shocked face.

Shine take a quick look of the girl's appearance. She is a true Japanese beauty making Shine insecure. She has a black, shiny, long hair with a full bangs; her eyelashes are long and thick; her skin is smooth as a porcelain. She's wearing a denim pants and a brown boots; her top is a french chiffon blouse in beige color with blue hearts printed on it.

"They obviously know each other" Shine sarcastically said in her mind.

The girl then glance at Shine and looked at Yuzuru —she's signaling Yuzuru to introduce her to them.

"Mikka, these are Min and Shine, they are my friends" Yuzuru gladly introduce her.

"Hello"Min greet her with a smile while Shine just slightly tilt her head and smile.

Yuzuru then shift to her side.

"Guys this is Mikka, she is my old friend" He said proudly as he wrap his arms around her.

"Hello I am Mikka" She said extending her hand to Min and Shine.

Mikka then looked at Yuzuru and remove his arms around her. She wrap her hands around his arms instead.

"oh c'mon we both know I am more than just a friend" Mikka said looking at Shine and smile.

"What is she pulling?Does she thinks I am going to steal him?" Shine said in her mind.

Yuzuru looked at Mikka and laugh. Shine feel more insecure about the closeness of the two —or it can just be jealousy on.

"Excuse us but I think Min and I will need to go ahead first. You guys looks like you have a lot of catching up to do" Shine said to Yuzuru and Mikka.

Yuzuru stop laughing and looked at Shine again.

"But we are going in the same direction anyway, we can all walk together" Yuzuru argue.

But before Shine can answer, Mikka interrupted.

"are you sure?" Mikka said.