Chapter 38

Leigh's POV
I hitched a ride with Joselyn and Saira. It was 5:30 when they got me. I would've been home by then just walking by waiting for them.
"What took you so long?" I asked climbing in the car.
"We had to make a quick stop. Hang on!" Joselyn slams the gas and it was the morning all over again.

We got to the house at about 5:35 with her. We got inside that house and I raced upstairs to get ready. I finished at 6:30 on the spot. Jalen texted me saying he was outside right as I'm getting ready.
"I'll see you guys later!" I call out as I'm walking out the door.

I get into the car and we ride off.
"Where are we heading?" I asked.
"We're going downtown," he replies.
We get downtown and we walk around looking at the beautiful city.

We go to this place called "Crazy Cali."
"This should be interesting," I say.
"Trust me. You're going to have so much fun," he says.
He grabs my arm and drags me towards the entrance. I had fun just like he said. It was like a party just for teens. There were people to talk to, dancing, it was great.

We danced the night away. I actually almost fell a couple of times. We laughed the whole night. We left around 9:30. The place closed at ten but we didn't want to get caught up in the crowd so we left a little early.

We walk towards the car and Jalen drives me home. We laughed the whole way to my house.
"Thanks for taking me out," I said.
"No problem," he says smiling.
We stare at each other for a long moment. I didn't know why.
"Well, I'll see you later," I say and get out the car.

I didn't know what was up with me. He was all I could think about. His eyes. His smile. How his lips felt. Then I realized what was happening. I hit me just like a ton of bricks. I was falling for him.

Crystal's POV
"Did you bring food?!" I asked the moment I get into Myles' car.
"Yes," He replied.
"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" I exclaim and hug him.
"I thought you already loved me," he said.
"Well now I love you more."
"Because I brought you food?"

"Hey, it doesn't take much to earn my love. Just some food and you."
We both laugh and he kisses my forehead. I let him go and he starts the car.
"Where to?" I ask.
"The studio," he answered.

"Awesome!" I say excitedly.
"Why are you so jumpy?" he asked laughing.
"It's just my personality really. Plus I love a good adventure," I answered.
"This isn't really an adventure," he said.

"It is to me. Anywhere I go is an adventure no matter how big or small."
Myles just smiles as he turns on the car and ride down the street. We listen to him and Kalin's remix of Watch Me.

Me-She say she like how I do my whip
Myles-I said girl you got me focus on your hips.

He looks at me and winks. I grin and blush a little. Best car ride ever.

Myles' POV
Crystal was a mystery. You never know what's going to happen when you're with her. She seemed pretty crazy in a good way. Always hungry for excitement. Also food.

We get to the studio and I unlock the door.
"Nice place," Crystal comments falling down on a beanbag chair. "So what's the name of your song?"
"Can't tell you yet," I said smirking.
"Aww. It'll still be good."
"How do you know?"

"You and Kalin are a good duo. Whatever song you make is gonna be good regardless," she says. "Even if its with other people."
"Wow. I never thought of that. Thanks," I reply.
She smiles. She's always smiling.

That's one of things liked about her.
"Wanna mess around with the recording stuff?" I ask her.
"Why not?" she says hopping up off the beanbag chair. She runs inside the sound booth. She puts on the headphones and starts singing even though I couldn't hear her. She's dancing around just having fun.

I laugh at her. I turn on the sound so I could hear her. She was singing a song.
"'...saw you turn into a ghost right in front of my eyes. Tell me what's girl to do when she's crying inside? I'm about to go insane. I'm jumping off the train. Weather wrong or right, I'll be gone by night...'" she sang hitting that last note perfectly.

"Hey what song is that?" I ask.
"'Fading' by Rihanna," she replied. "You heard me?"
"Only that part. You're really good!" I said.
"Thanks," She says and goes back to dancing.

"Wanna do a duet?" I ask.
"Yea. What song?" She said.
"You call the shots."
She thought for a moment.
"'Don't Be Gone Too Long' by Chris Brown," she suggested.

"Perfect," I said.
I started playing the music and dash inside the sound booth.

"I dug a song seed into the ground

I hope it grows, grows

In a year or two if you're around

You'll see a rose, rose

Pack me up and keep my hidden somewhere

That you can find me

On a train to Paris going nowhere

Draw the bridge behind me"

Our voices synchronized really well with each lyric. Once the song was over I look at her.
"That was splendid," she said in a British accent.
"Yea," I said laughing.
We hold our gazes for a while. I grab her and kiss her softly.
"What are you guys doing here?" we heard someone say.

We turn to see...