one

if jack barakat was allowed to edit the dictionary, he'd probably only change two things.

he'd make 'school' synonymous with 'hell', and 'asshole' synonymous with 'alex gaskarth'.

it's only fair- besides, alex would most likely do the same. it's no secret that the two boys hate each other, really, it's more of a form of entertainment to the other students. apparently, watching jack and alex torment each other all day is simply hilarious.

yes, all day- because they have the same exact schedule. thanks, teachers. more like spawns of satan. 

here's another problem. alex gaskarth, while being a gigantic asshole, is also extremely, undeniably attractive. 

and jack barakat is a complete idiot with a massive crush on alex.

fuck this.

he manages to keep his attraction to alex a secret. in fact, he passes himself off as straight, dating girls in a sort of obsessive quest to appear as straight as possible. when in fact, he has the biggest, gayest crush ever.

biggest fear in life: alex will find out.

because then, jack will literally (not literally but you get the idea) die.

cool.

so this is the type of thing that jack has to live with every day.

fun, right?

-

first class of the day- math. which sucks, because jack doesn't properly wake up until at least ten, and first period is at seven thirty. so here he is, trying not to fall asleep, staring at the teacher with a glazed look on his face.

alex shoves his elbow. "didn't sleep well last night."

his elbow, which was propping his chin up, slips and jack bangs his jaw against the desk. "ow! fuck, alex."

the boy smirks back at him.

"asshole."

alex shrugs. "i know you are, but what am i?"

jack scowls at him. "an even bigger asshole."

and that's how classes usually go. 

he tries to focus on his worksheet, but alex keeps kicking their shared desk, and more importantly, jack's chair, most likely with a huge grin on his face. "alex," jack whines, "stop-"

"nope," alex cuts him off, laughing. "suffer."

honestly, jack is most likely overreacting. it's banter at most, nothing to paint alex as an asshole. but jack is sort of a drama queen. in the best way, of course, the narrator can't say bad things about her main character. nope.

"fuck you," jack grumbles, penciling in an answer. alex immediately leans over to look at it, his arm brushing jack's. the boy freezes, but alex doesn't seem to notice, simply humming and writing down the answer. 

"thanks," he adds, moving away. jack shakes his head a bit, mouth dry.

goddammit. he's so gay.

then he feels alex's arm around him, and the boy smirks, reaching for a piece of paper on the other side of jack. it's like he knows, and he wants to torment him even more. jack is sweating.

the teacher starts to drone on about something, and alex keeps humming. some stupid tune. jack knows it's going to be stuck in his head very soon.

fuck.

he's sort of dizzy all of class, not even protesting when alex copies all his answers. he stumbles out into the hallway and is instantly met with his best friends, zack and rian, who are obviously laughing at him.

"from the look on your face, i assume something happened with alex?" asks zack, grinning.

"fuck off," jack groans, hitting his head against his locker lightly. "fuck."

rian looks at zack and nods. "yep."

"both of you," jack tells them, trying to scowl but grinning instead, "go fuck each other in a closet or something."

"wouldn't you love to join in, jack 'i'm-totally-heterosexual' barakat?" zack teases, darting away as jack tries to punch him jokingly. "ooh, hit a nerve there."

they dissolve into laughter. "fuck you," jack repeats, grinning. "i have to get to class."

"okay," answers rian, "we all know that means 'hide in a bathroom stall and jerk off while thinking about alex'."

//hey friends here's the fanfic u said u wanted... i love jalex... im honestly atl trash i might see them in november if i can get a ride ((: soo.. vote and comment if u like it i guess? love u guys//