twenty nine

the conversation that night goes something like this.

jack: alex. 

alex: hey, babe.

jack: i have something to apologize for.

alex: -what? [wary]

jack: i guilted you into coming back.

alex: what?

jack: you wouldn't have come back if i hadn't gone all psycho bitch and cried for three days straight. i guilted you.

alex: [confused] babe, what are you saying...? i came back cause i wanted to.

jack: [pauses]

alex: seriously. are you doubting me? cause i love you. you know that. and that's why i came back.

jack: wait-

alex: no, you wait. i came back because i realized that every moment i spent without talking to you, every moment that you ignored me (and i ignored you) was killing me. 

jack: alex...

alex: i need to see you. like, need as in i would hop a train and ride to baltimore right fucking now. [deep breath] and i know i'm not making this very obvious right now. and i know i'm not the best at expressing all of this. but i need you to know, cause it's driving me fucking crazy. 

jack: [quietly] know what?

alex: i'm in love with you.

jack:

alex: maybe i'm just a dumb teenage boy, and maybe i don't really understand love. and that's true. i don't understand any of this shit. it's just that every time i think of you my heart flips in my chest, and every time i kiss you i feel lightning in my chest. and every time i hear your voice i melt inside. you literally make me happy so fucking easily. and if that's not love, then love doesn't fucking exist. 

jack: alex-

alex: i said too much, didn't i? i'm sorry.

jack: no, no, it's just... [giggles] i'm in love with you too.

this is ending soon jsyk