Chapter 19: Decoded...

"Decoded" by Paramore Media Video

*Edited 04/15/2016

Lily's P.O.V.

After leaving the kitchen I decided to take the back stairs to the second floor and go to the room that I had been in. I needed to retrieve my engagement ring before I lost it.

I made it to the top of the stairs and headed towards the two big double doors at the end of the hallway. It was a long hallway so it will take me a few minutes to get there.

Opening the door I was thankful that the lights were still on and I wouldn't have to struggle to find my way around this huge room. I swear it's bigger than my apartment.

Stepping in this strong scent hit my senses. I inhaled it and it seemed to make me a bit disoriented. It was powerful and it made me feel relaxed for some reason. I had smelled it before but it wasn't as strong as now.

I tried to decipher the mixed smells and I concluded them to be piney with a hint of...apples?

That is strange. But I liked it...

Snapping out of it I make my way to the bathroom where I had left the ring. Turning on the light I make my way to the sink and there it was...safe and sound.

"Thank God!" I yelled to myself grabbing the ring and slipping it on my finger where it should be but when I did it felt...odd and heavy?

"That's weird..." I say and looked at my hand where the ring lays... "Why does it feel wrong wearing it and why do I feel...guilty?"

At that second Mr. Russo's face appeared on my mind. His handsome and sexy face...the way his light brown eyes stared into mine as if he was piercing through my soul. I felt like I knew him and he knew me. The way he held my hand sending shock waves through me, the warmth that reached my cheeks at the proximity of his body oh and that body...the things I would do if I had the chance. 

"WAIT? WHAT?!" I scream and shake my head at what I had just thought.

"Snap out of it Lily! You are engaged to Jacob...you shouldn't be thinking of Mr. Russo like that. I just met him for goodness sake."

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to the sink, turned on the water and splashed cold water on my face which was needed. Once I was done I wiped my face and looked in the mirror to make sure I didn't look a mess put the towel down and walked away to shut off the light.

I made myself back to the bedroom and stood at the foot of the King size bed where I had woken up from. I still couldn't remember how I ended up falling asleep but I still remembered that voice...

"Mine...you are all mine! We are destined to be together..."

"...You are my Mate...the Moon Goddess made you just for me. You are my other half...my soul and heart!"

"Mate. Destined to be together?" I said aloud and felt like I was in a trance repeating what was said to me a few hours before when I laid on the bed in front of me.

I snapped out of it after a while and continued to stare at the bed then turned around to leave the room...I had to get out of here.

As I stepped out of the room I closed the door behind me and walked down the corridor so I could make my way back down to the Party. Descending the staircase I started feeling anxious like I had to get back to the Ballroom...for what though?