Little Man

The lads had gotten rowdy, that's for sure. The minstrels played drunken songs, as the boys and men sang along loudly. Jaime had sat at his table, taking it all in silently, unamused, until that his he noticed his son stumbling through the door, his arm around one of the boy's he's being trained with. He had his head back, a smile on his face, as he stumbled along, singing to the songs.

"God's", he whispered under his breath.

Jaime rose from his seat, the King looking to him questioningly.

"Excuse me, your Grace", he said, and he hurried off from the table.

He grabbed the back of Lewyn's tunic roughly, as the boy danced around wildly with his mates.

"Come with me. Now!", Jaime urged, pulling Lewyn with him.

The boy stumbled after his father.  Giggling stupidly as he did so.

"Is something funny to you!", Jaime yelled as they exited out into the court yard.

"Look at me!", Jaime said, as he grabbed Lewyn's face.

His son chuckled as he did so. He reeked of alcohol.

"You're drunk!", Jaime yelled.

"No!", Lewyn insisted, "no father, I'm just..tired", the boy said, stumbling back a bit.

"And now you're lying to me", Jaime said, his temper rising with every second he saw the smirk on Lewyn's lips.

"I'm just having fun, father", the boy said.

"Fun! You think this is fun? Making a disgrace out of yourself?", Jaime whispered coldly.

Lewyn crossed his arms over his chest defiantly, stumbling yet again as he did so.

"Father, I've been making a disgrace of myself since the day I was bloody born, have I not?", he asked.

"You know that's not true!", Jaime yelled.

"The day I was born", Lewyn suddenly asked, his head turning sideways a bit, "was it the proudest day of your life, father? The day I was born, did you cry with pride? No, of course not. You probably weren't even there, were you?", his asked coldly.

"Did you even know of me? Or, when was it that you discovered I existed? After my whore mother dropped me off for you?", the boy asked, and Jaime raised his arm to strike him, but Lewyn furiously flung his own hand up, catching Jaime by the wrist before his hand could strike the boy's cheek.

"I am not a little boy", Lewyn growled, roughly letting go of Jaime's wrist, pushing it away.

Jaime stared, in shock, at his son. His son dare stand before him, drunk, and disrespectful?

"No", Jaime said then, "but you are my son, whether you like it or not,  and you will not be this way!", Jaime said sharply.

"And what way is that?", Lewyn asked coldly.

"Like a drunken fool!", Jaime yelled.

"Or", Lewyn said quietly, "like a commoner? Oh no, not Ser Jaime of House Lannister! Not his boy! It's alright to bed one, but God's forbid the bastard that comes out of it be anything but noble at all times! No, his boy is a perfect lad, always running around, doing as he's bid, trying to make his father proud! To live up to a name he never asked for in the first damn place! A name he still doesn't ask for, or want!", Lewyn yelled so loudly by the time he'd finished,  people began to emerge from buildings, staring.

Jaime looked around him, at all the eyes watching. But he didn't care. Let them watch.

"Oh", Jaime said as he turned back to his son, "you no longer wish to be a Lannister?", he asked his son, taking a step forward.