Chapter 4 Shadow

I had showed him all of the games, including my Sonic the hedgehog games don't judge me! They aren't all that bad actually. . .

Silver and I played several rounds of Bust a Move and Mario kart 8 Don't judge!!! I had to let him win every now and then, it seemed rude not to. And though I hate loosing it didn't feel like loosing when he smiled 'cause he beat me. And I still got a high five and an "'S'all right dude," From him. I don't know why or how but he made me smile, genuinely too. . .

After more games like that it was starting to get dark- and yet again there was no sign of my so called 'friends' returning anytime soon. With a sigh I turned to Silver, who was asleep on the couch and all curled up into a ball.

I wasn't expecting him to spend the night, though it would would also not be expected for a guest to sleep on my couch. With a sigh I picked him up bridal style, praying he wouldn't wake up and question me. . .

Thankfully he didn't and I put him down in my bed and sat back down in the kitchen, making coffee. I don't really go to sleep unless my body desperately just needs it, for I always have crazy nightmares.

But Silver was talking when I came back upstairs- more like screaming. I rushed over and woke up up. "Silver! Silver, it's just a nightmare!" I called out to him and shook him vigorously. Tears strung out and down his face. What could he dream about that was so heart wrenching?!

He hugged me to him and clung onto me while still sobbing. With a sigh I hugged him back and rested my chin on his shoulder. "Silver . . . You're alright." I assured him and hugged him tighter. I felt his nails digging into my skin and he shivered. It must have really gotten to him. . . He looks like he just saw a glimpse of hell!

"Silver. . . It was just a bad dream." I tried to ease him down. He burried his face into my chest fur as if melting into me, though his sobs were muffled now. "Silver." I repeated his name, though it seamed to calm him.

I wrapped my arms around him firmly and rested my chin on the top of his head, slowly rocking back and fourth.