Chapter 5 Silver

I cried. . . I cried until my eyes were dry and my face was covered. . . Shadow tried to calm me down but it was no use. I cried and that was that.

I wanted to take everything glass in the world and hurl it at the earth, just to satisfy my need to break something. Something that could shatter just like my heart. What had I dreamed about? Blaze. . . Blaze and where she was in her endless void.

"Silver. . ." Shadow repeated and wrapped his arms around me. I sank into his chest and muffled my own sobs. I thought I could move on from her death, or fade from existence. . . But it seemed like only a few moments ago we were discussing- "Silver. . ." Shadow's voice broke through my thoughts once more and I lost all of the evil thoughts.

I leaned against Shadow and let him support me. His chin rested against my head and our arms wrapped firmly around one another.

"Shadow. . . Will you stay with me please? Just till I fall asleep again?" I asked and loosened my grip on him. Shadow sighed and pushed himself away from me. ". . . I guess so." He said and looked around the room as if it was some ugly hole.

I nodded and pulled the covers back over me. Shadow layed back on the covers and against the pillows while looking up at the ceiling.

"Don't you ever tell anyone." He said- Though his tone was amused rather than angry or demanding. I glanced at him, and he was smiling with his brows raised at me.

I nodded weakly. "To my grave."