Chapter 6 Shadow

For the first time since her death I had a good sleep. The rush from Silver's breakdown wore out the coffee and I had fallen asleep by his side.

It was a dream I had, a dream that I had. It wasn't a nightmare of some horrible memories but a dream. A dream in all of its confusing, wonderful bliss.

Of course it was strange, zombie butterflies or something along that line. . . But it was my dream.

I opened my eyes and looked down at Silver. . . Who was wrapped tightly in my arms. Damnit. . . How am I supposed to get out of this? Or explain it?

I sighed and relaxed my body against his. We move in our sleep. . . It just happens. I thought and rested against him further. He's strangely cosy.

I compacted my grip on him again and found my legs firmly tangled with his, and my left knee between his. Fuck.

Silver grunted and wriggled in my grip a bit before his eyes shot open. "Shadow I know I'm warm and I like snuggling and all. . . But is this necessary?!" Silver asked.

I quickly unwound myself from him. "Sorry... I guess I like warmth." I played it off with a nervous laugh. Silver rolled his eyes before snuggling deeper into the sheets. "Thanks again. . ." He said and looked down at his hands beside him. "Don't worry about it." I told him and stretched, popping my back before standing up and stretching more.
"I guess I'd better get up too." Silver said with a yawn and doing the same with a yawn.

"Food. . . " I groaned like a zombie, holding up my arms and slowly making my way down the stairs. Silver laughed and followed behind me. "Who knew you had such a sense of humor?" Silver asked sarcastically, a small innocent smile appearing.

I rolled my eyes and started getting out supplies to make waffles. "I can be funny when I want to." I started to whisk the mix. Whisk. . . Sounds like the name of an old barn cat.

"Really?" Silver asked with a brow raised, "Tell me a joke then." He challenged. I sighed and poured the mix into the waffle maker before turning to face him.

"Why'd the chicken cross the road?" I asked. Silver put his hand to his face and shook his head.

"Why?" I dusted off my hands of the powder.

"To get to the idiot's house. . . Knock Knock. . ." I added with a smirk.

"Shadow you can't skip a joke just becaus-"
"Knock knock." I interrupted him. He sighed.
"Who's there?" He asked with a raised brow.
"The chicken." Silver burst out into laughter.

"You ass hole! I actually fell for that!" He mused and I set down the plates, knives, and forks while looking back to the nearly done waffle.

"Knock Knock" I repeated. Silver raised a brow at me. "Who's there?"
"A mirror."
"A mirror who?"
"A mirror, it's you genius."

"Gosh Danget Shadow!" Silver cursed and rolled his chair back. I shook my head with a smile.

"Its what I do."

"Whats wrong with becoming a vegetarian?" I went on.

"What?" Silver asked.
"It's a huge missed-Steak." He burst into it again and I bowed.
"Thank you, I'll be here all year." With that I passed him his waffels and syrup, letting him pile on a mountain of whipped cream as well.

"Hey Shadow. . ." Silver cooed. I raised a brow at him before realizing my mistake, he gunned the cream and it sprayed all over my face and hands. "Silver! Hey no fair!" I laughed and tackled him over the counter. He laughed again and sprayed away, covering my stomach in it, and using his hands to hold me down.

"Silver! You better clean this mess up!" I said with a joking tone, he rolled his eyes and went to spray me again, though to his unfortunate favor. . . The can was empty. I smirked and tackled him, my hands around his shoulders and we fell down on the couch, me on top of him and us both laughing madly.