Trust

A/N: picture above is Kyle

As I run from the room I make sure to avoid everyone's gaze as I run outside towards the garden. I come to a bench that is surrounded by lilacs. No one knows where this bench is, but I found it one day while walking trying to relax and think of things other than my past. I sit down and pull my knees up to my chest wrapping my arms around my legs. I close my eyes and rest my head on my knees as I cried and start shaking. I don't know why I hugged him and yet I couldn't stand a nurse touching my shoulder. What's wrong with me? Why can't I just deal with my problems like a normal person and not sit here and flip out from a simple touch on the shoulder?

I'm not sure how long I stayed there in that position crying and shaking but all in know is it got really cold all of a sudden. I finally let go of my legs and stretched as I looked around. Now I know why it got so cold. It's dark out. I didn't realize I was out here for so long. Great first the whole lunchroom thing now this. What's next? I hate the dark I'm actually scared of the dark and I'm cold and alone I don't know what to do. I don't want to move but I don't want to stay here and freeze.

As I was thinking this I see a dark figure walking towards me. I didn't know what to do so I screamed and jumped off the bench to hide under it. "Hey its okay its just me you never came back and the nurses have been looking everywhere so I thought I would come look for you myself can you please come out I promise I won't touch you." I recognized that voice it was the boy that the two called Kyle. How did he find me? At the moment I could really care less about earlier or what he asked I am cold and so relieved that it's him and not someone else that I crawled out from under the bench and threw myself into his arms shivering and crying.

He stumbled but caught me wrapping his arms around me. "wow your so cold you should be inside here" he pulled away from me and took off his jacket and put it on me and zipped it up it was too big for me but it was warm. For the first time in a long time I smiled and said "t... thank y...you k....Kyle." Kyle looked at me shocked. He just stood there looking at me wondering if that really just happened. After a few more minutes he smiles and nods. "Of course I don't want you freezing out here." That was all it took for me to start crying again. So he grabbed me and sat on the bench pulling me into his lap rubbing my back as I continued to cry. "It's okay I'm sorry if I did something wrong I just want you to be okay and safe." he said still rubbing my back.

After awhile I started to calm down and doze off. I could feel him pick me up and start walking. I was too tired to worry. I heard a door open and close. I could hear people running towards us. "Kyle thank god you are okay and you found her is everything okay?" That was Tyler's voice.I could feel myself being placed in someone else's arms as I snuggled closer to their chest to stay warm. "She was in the garden and was really cold and upset so I put my jacket on her and carried her here" Kyle said. "Tyler why don't you take Alexandria to her room and put her in her bed we will have the nurse check on her in the morning." I heard one of the nurses say.

I didn't hear him reply but I knew he must have nodded because he was heading towards my room. As he laid me down in my bed and covered me up he leaned down and kissed my head. "Alexandria is your name huh I like it's a very pretty name just like you goodnight Alexandria." With that he left and I fell into a dreamless sleep.