chappy 5

With the Rejects, outside of Konoha public bathroom

"How dare they make an Uchiha clean filth from mere commoners? This is the sort of thing the dobe and his ice bitch should be doing, not me!" Sasuke declared angrily. Of course, the ANBU, who was wearing a duck mask, had been put in charge of watching them by the Sandaime, and so didn't respond. Best not give the idiot any satisfaction. However, the two were refusing to enter the bathroom, stubbornly crossing their arms looking away.

"This is a job for the Dobe, and his new Ice Bitch, not for me, the Last Uchiha!"

"Yeah, Sasuke-Kun is better than this!" They continued to rant, until the bathroom's occupant, Chouza Akimichi exited. As he spotted the two troublemakers, he got an evil grin on his face.

"Ah, the two, Genin..."

"I AM A UCHIHA, IDIOT!"

"MY MOTHER'S ON THE CIVILIAN COUNCIL, SO DON'T YOU DARE TREAT ME LIKE THAT UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR F..." the Duck ANBU quickly sealed their mouths shut with his hands.

The ANBU were the Kage's self selected special operations units. They did their operations covertly and silently, and helped maintain order in the village. Because their missions were covert, they were not on record, for either Ninja or Civilian.

Recently, the Sandaime had begun renovating the Yondaime's house on the edge of the village. Only accessible from a hidden space time warp point in the Hokage Office, unless you had the key of course, this house was originally supposed to be given to Naruto once he became a Chunin, as well as his heritage. By then, the Sandaime had hoped that the young boy would be strong enough for the resulting assassination attempts. This would also help curb down Anti-Narutoisim.

However, two things had changed. The first of them was his new rivalry with Sasuke. Once this became knowledge amongst the populace, there was no doubt that attacks against Naruto would increase, beyond the basic food price over charging and possible lesson sabotage. While he knew of a few ANBU who already were outspoken against Naruto, the Sandaime didn't want to risk one of the boy's guards going turncoat and aiding attackers.

The second was the appearance of Haku. Naruto, while no Casanova, still had to share a single bedroom apartment, so a several bedroom house might be more preferable.

However, another of the more covert missions of the ANBU was to prevent anyone calling an Akimichi some sort of derogatory remark. Past experience has long taught the dangers of insulting people who could grow to the size of hills.

"Yes, Akimichi-Sama?" the large man grinned. Getting those two trapped on this duty may have earned Danzo the hop spring tickets, but this would be worth a paid night of dining for him, his wife and their son, on their friend's tabs of course. As he thought this, Inoichi found himself suddenly shivering and Shikaku suddenly felt glad to be on an A rank mission.

"Yes, it is quite, convenient, for you see, I just got done sampling a delicious meal at Gasuniyorushi, a new eatery on the west side of town, with a fine fiber and bean casserole, and well..." green mist suddenly began creeping from under the bathroom door. The two idiots then began to try and squirm away from their duty, slash doom. Quickly, the ANBU shoved them into the bathroom, sealed the door and held the door back as the children began to desperately pound away. Some of the escaped green gas then approached a nearby tree, and the poor plant exploded into bark and dead leaves. Chouza chuckled and hummed merrily as he imagined the buffet awaiting him, as Duck whistled for backup. A Snail masked ANBU jumped down from a nearby building to his call.

"Duck, what's the problem?"

"I need you to hold these poor, genin in here for a while. I have just received word of a food item at a new eatery that may be a danger towards humanity"