chappy 8

In a dark chamber room; Homura's estate; several days later

Homura, Koharu and the Civilians were fuming. Sasuke and Sakura were finally freed form hospitalization, but then one of their civilian shinobi informants told them that 7 summoning contracts were retrieved on the mission, all in the hands of the ice slut and the fox boy. Sasuke and Sakura were seething in fury, and the council was tossing oil onto this fire. After all, how dare the demon and his ice slut take power that should be used by the Uchiha? Sadly, this has always been the case

The story of Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno is a complicated one, or at least, Sasuke's is. Both were born into rich and influential families; the Uchiha were one of the most powerful clans in the world and in charge of the Konoha police, while the Haruno were a merchant family of high regard. While on the Shinobi council, the Uchiha were the most influential members. As a member of the civilian council, Sōzōshii Haruno was a loud activist for civilian rights, and quickly gained support in the civilian and elder side.

However, back in this time, the civilian's had much less power, because of the Uchiha. As the police of the village, the Uchiha knew the potential danger of many of the laws the civilians wanted to pass. For example, laws like, 'No Ninja may enter a civilian's property without permission', 'Civilian's are to have the right of way in the streets' would easily impair Ninja movement in a crisis, and the many Anti-Naruto laws brought forth by Sōzōshii Haruno, such as laws against him 'using public restrooms, restaurants and entry into the academy itself', were negated because of the Uchiha.

Yes, the Uchiha were actually major pro Naruto activists. Sasuke's mother, Mikoto had actively encouraged Sasuke to try to befriend the young Naruto, back when Sasuke was a nice, well mannered kid. Fugaku personally jailed many attempted attackers and fined a dozen malicious street venders for unfair treatment, and Itachi was one of the ANBU the Sandaime trusted to protect Naruto. Naruto never had any problems shopping in the Uchiha district; they almost treated him like Ichiraku's did.

This treatment was logical really. The Uchiha, unlike the civilian council, knew about the nature of sealing, and knew the boy was perfectly human. They also were militarily minded, for they knew the military potential of Naruto. They wanted to ensure Naruto's loyalty to the village. This was one of the reasons they planned a coup, to overthrow the civilian council.

Itachi, while all for the civilian council's demise knew this plan could easily spell war, something the pacifist was against. That and his stronger loyalty was to the Hokage and the clan heads who would most likely be overthrown as well, spawned the Uchiha clan massacre, with manipulation from Madara, unknown to all but Itachi of course.

This led to the civilian council gaining more power, with their greatest rival now under puppet control. As a minor, and clan head by default, Sasuke's votes were in the elder's hands, allowing for more of their bills to be passed, and fewer of the shinobi councils. Though they didn't get any chance to force punishment onto Naruto, as Itachi still cared about him, and had threatened the elders who pushed him to slaughter his family that if anything was to happen to Naruto, or Sasuke, including death, banishment, castration or anything else of such nature, he'd reveal Konoha's secrets to the other four great nations. Understandably, the council agreed.

This was where the Sasuke problem began. Not only did his families' massacre traumatize him for life, but it also put him in the guardianship of Anti-Naruto activists Homura and Koharu. They told him time and time again, he was not only supposed to despise Naruto for any reason he could, but also fueled his arrogance. He was decent for up to a year under them, still following his parent's examples, but then the fan girl base and the worship the civilian and, Danzo-excluded, Elder council gave him rotted him to the core.