Chapter 6

Percy woke up and couldn't move. At first, he panicked, but then he realized that Annabeth was laying mostly on him. He smiled, but then her breathing picked up. Her fists clenched and she started murmuring restlessly. Percy knew she was having a nightmare, and he shook her awake.

"What?" She mumbled, half awake, hair a mess. Percy thought she looked beautiful.

"Um, you were making my legs fall asleep," Percy lied, not wanting her to remember whatever she had been dreaming about.
Annabeth laughed and stretched her arms. Sunlight streamed through the window, making her hair look like gold. Percy got out of bed and kissed her head.

"You better leave before we get caught," Percy told her.

"If you wanted to get rid of me, you could've said so," Annabeth joked. She put her Yankees cap on and disappeared. Percy had slept in his clothes, but he didn't care how wrinkled his t shirt was. He remembered last night, how he had ran from the pavilion. Now what would the campers think? Percy was tired of wondering what they thought of him.

"Quit daydreaming! Don't you want to eat?" Annabeth's disembodied voice asked. The conch horn had sounded while Percy zoned out.

"Oops," he said, and they walked to the dining pavilion.

~~~
Percy self-consciously scraped part of his blue pancakes into the fire, and recited the now familiar mantra: please Dad, help me get through this. Please help me get fixed.
He sat back down at his table, trying to ignore the whispers and stares.
"He used to be cool."
"What happened to him?"
"He's such a freak now."
"Yeah, stay away from him, something's not right about him."
Percy clenched the edge of the table. He could feel the campers' eyes burning holes in his wrinkled shirt. He forced himself to concentrate only on his pancakes. Cut a piece, dip it into the syrup lake, chew it, swallow. Not for the first time, he wished that Tyson was here. He hadn't heard from Tyson in awhile, and wondered how the big guy was doing. Hopefully he was okay. Percy wondered how things were going with Ella. That actually brought a smile to his face; their budding romance was so cute. Ugh, he thought, now I sound like an Aphrodite kid. He heard hooves clopping near him and looked up to see Grover.

"Hey G-man, are we ready to go?" Percy asked eagerly. Anything to get out of this pavilion.

"Yep," Grover replied, tapping his hooves energetically. He was nursing an espresso.

"You're still drinking espresso?" Percy asked, but he wasn't really surprised. For Grover, espresso was symbolic. Sure enough, the satyr nodded.

"Come on Percy, we gotta go!"

"Oh right," Percy said sheepishly. "Sorry." He wolfed down the rest of his pancakes and they left the pavilion. As they walked out, Percy felt as though a weight was being lifted from his shoulders. Just then, he felt a tap on his back. He turned around to see Annabeth, whose hair had been brushed hastily.

"Don't do anything stupid," she told him, before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"I won't," Percy promised. "Besides, I have Grover to babysit me," he joked. Annabeth smiled, but Percy saw the worry in her eyes.

"Hey," Percy said, resting his forehead on hers, "I'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me. I promise." But she still looked worried. Percy kissed her soft lips gently. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. Grover cleared his throat loudly and they broke apart, blushing.

"Sorry," they said at the same time.

"It's okay. We just have to go," Grover said, smiling.

"You be careful too, Grover," Annabeth said, leaning forward to hug him.

"You have everything?" She asked them. Percy shook his head.

"We're just going to my cabin to get my stuff," he said. Annabeth nodded.

"I should probably go before I get in trouble," she said.

"See you soon Wise Girl," Percy said. Grover waved as she ran back up to the pavilion. They walked back to Percy's cabin in comfortable silence. He opened the door of the grayish building, carefully avoiding the corner with the maimed fountain. Hopefully Tyson could fix it whenever he came back. Percy grabbed his backpack and threw in a few changes of clothes, some mortal money and some drachmas. Riptide was already in his pocket. Grover had his reeds around his neck and was already outfitted with his own backpack, probably filled with tin cans and apples. They heard a swell of noise, and figured that breakfast was over. They walked out of Percy's cabin and sure enough, the campers were milling about, going to the rock climbing wall or to practice their sword fighting. Percy and Grover walked to the Big House, and Chiron was waiting for them. Mr. D grumbled at them, but Grover didn't even glance at the wine god. Percy felt like a proud mother, remembering how afraid Grover used to be of him. Chiron gave them some more mortal dollars and decreed that they had enough drachmas.

"Argus will be waiting with the van. And good luck," Chiron said, looking at Percy, who nodded and grimaced. They walked up the hill and stopped by Thalia's tree. Percy wondered what she was doing, if she was okay. He turned and surveyed the camp. The morning sun shone down on the glistening strawberry fields, and he could hear the campers' laughs drifting up the hill. The scene gave him deja vu. The camp looked like paradise, but a paradise where Percy was no longer welcome. Camp Half-Blood had been his home for so long, but now he didn't know what it was. A lump rose in his throat and he fought off tears. It was all too much.

"Percy? Are you okay?" Grover asked, snapping Percy back into reality.

"Yeah I'm fine," he forced himself to say.

"Okay," Grover said dubiously, but he went on anyway. "We're going to Central Park first to see how the litter situation is." Percy nodded, and then they walked down the hill.

"Hey, this time you're not being dragged by possessed winged shoes," Percy joked. Grover laughed but then the mood turned sad as they remembered Luke's death.

"He died a hero," Percy said.

"I know." Argus pulled up in the white van and honked the horn, interrupting their impromptu memorial.

"Come on. It's not good to dwell on ghosts," Grover said gently.

"You're right," Percy said, slinging his arm around Grover's shoulders. They walked down the hill and got in the van.

(A/n): OMF IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER DONT KILL ME! But I hope you like the percabeth fluff! Also I'm sorry that this is kinda a filler chapter :/ please vote and let me know your thoughts!

AN 2: good god why am i such a cringe fest