Chapter 8

Percy sat in his cabin alone. Even this far away from the campfire, he could still hear singing and laughing. He wondered if they were having s'mores yet. And he wondered about Annabeth. She would probably be curious about his trip, but he figured that if she really cared, she would seek him out. At this moment, Percy didn't want to interact with anyone, figuring that he'd lose it; he'd hurt someone. All the normal campers and their stupid, normal problems. And then there was him. The hero, the one who saved the camp, now an outcast; a dangerous psycho. He didn't ask to be half-blood. He didn't ask to have to grow up quickly, to have to worry about gods and monsters and quests and propechies. He just wanted to worry about normal things, like whether he'd be able to land that skateboard trick, or if he'd get a good grade on his math homework. Not this. He wondered if his mom was worried about him; he hadn't Iris-messaged her in awhile. He even wondered about Paul, and how their relationship was going; he was that desperate for normalcy. Shaking his head, Percy looked around at his cabin. This is what I've become, he thought, looking through the dim light at the piles of clothes that had appeared on the floor. There was a small puddle in the corner from the destroyed fountain. His heart panged, looking at the decapitated halves of something his father gave him. He was furious. At himself, for destroying that fountain, for becoming this twisted version of himself. He was furious at the gods, for not caring one way or another about their children. He was furious at the campers, for having normal problems, for shunning him, even though that just made his situation worse. He was furious at Annabeth, even, for not even wanting to see how his mini quest had gone. He felt a painful feeling in his gut and the walls started trickling water; he assumed it was because of all the tiny shells embedded in them. He started to panic, and the walls trickled more water. Through the dripping noises, he could've sworn he heard a knock on the door. Percy cursed in Ancient Greek. Now was not the time for visitors! He frantically tried to control his powers, but the water only started flowing more freely and faster. The door opened, and he muttered another curse. But it was Annabeth. It was Annabeth. Annabeth was here. The water stopped flowing from the walls, and the daughter of Athena sloshed through the water to him. All previous anger forgotten, Percy wrapped his arms around her and kissed her desperately. At first, she was stiff, surprised by his need; but then she reached up and twined her fingers in his hair, kissing him back. Percy smiled into her lips as they pulled apart, and Percy breathed her name like a prayer. Chills ran up her spine at the way he said her name. 

"I love you," he said. She hugged him in response. 

"I know," she said, "I love you too." 

They cuddled on Percy's bed, half-scared Coach Hedge was going to barge in on them and tie cow bells around their necks. But they were uninterrupted, and sat in content silence next to each other, Annabeth leaning her head on his shoulders. Percy knew that all he needed was his Wise Girl, his queen of his heart. He would only be able to live with her by his side; he'd be unable to continue if she died. He took solace in the way her side pressed up against his, in her steady breathing and smell. Slowly, he calmed down.

"How are we going to drain this water?" Annabeth asked gently. 

"I can do that," Percy said confidently. He easily willed the water to evaporate. He wasn't even surprised. He could tell that Annabeth was; she had sat up, startled.

"Having you around...it's like my powers are back to normal. With you, I'm cured, I'm totally fine," Percy explained. Annabeth tried to hide a smile tinged with sadness and took his hand, squeezing it. 

"I love you. And I'll love you when I'm in Asphodel and you're cooking barbecue in Elysium," Percy said. Annabeth laughed, punching his arm. He just smiled at her.  

"Percy, that's sweet, but we both know you're going to Elysium, too," she laughed, but Percy knew she was being serious. And he loved her all the more for it. Suddenly, she sobered. 

"I'm assuming that your quest with Grover didn't go well?" She asked, already knowing the answer. Percy's sigh was explanation enough. 

"Percy, I'm confident that you'll get fixed," Annabeth said, but her gray eyes were stormy with worry.

"Thanks, Wise Girl." Percy sighed. 

"I should go to my cabin before I get yelled at."

"Yeah," Percy said distractedly. He was deep in thought, but he still said, "Love you," when Annabeth walked out the door.

(A/N): IM SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON OH MY GODS.  I said I'd update yesterday and I didn't and I'm so sorry oh my gods. But yeah I've started school now so my updates might be slower, so if you want to be more connected with me(idk why you would lol) follow my instagram accounts:

main: mockingjaywands

co owned: cerebralmist

LOVE FROM ME AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER I MADE SURE TO PUT IN PERCABETH FLUFF TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS!!

Also, this story hit over 500 reads omg thank you!!!!

<3

A/N the second: i spelt barbecue wrong i am not a true american